Chainsaw trousers for a lady!

6 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

If the Mrs has never bought a pair of chainsaw trousers then I suggest she find a local dealer and go and try them on. Sizing can be a headache for sure. In regards to being tough unfortunately you need to start looking at the thick end of the price scale, Pfanners gladiator and the extreme range are amongst the toughest trousers out there, extremely good quality but you do get what you pay for with those. Thats from customer feedback not personal use, I liked the husky technical extreme which are a good fit for me, very light and comfy but certainly not the hardest wearing.

Ive had several pairs of Technical Extremes, they fit me like a pair of jeans, best fit of any trousers that I have had. On the off chance, I bought a pair of Husqvarna Technical Robust as they where going cheap, they don’t fit as well as they don’t have the Velcro adjustment on the waist, but unbelievable in their durability, the protective outer is made with Kryptonite.

• Like 1

I also liked the Velcro on the extreme trousers, it certainly makes a difference to the fit. I never liked a belt as it got in the way when using a harness and I couldn't get on with braces. Its nice to get feedback on the robust trousers. We don't sell many pairs but a couple of customers always buy them, they do look tough.

4 hours ago, organic guy said:

Sorry, did not make myself clear, she wants to use the chain saw!

So looking for comfy chainsaw trousers which have a hard wearing outer for the thorns.

I was mistaken..sorry I must have read it wrong. So protection from pricks as well as chainsaw cuts is what your wifes after then?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stere said:

Beaver extreme ones

Lasting me ages atm

WWW.STIHL.CO.UK

Work trousers with certified cut resistance to BS EN 381-5, Design A. Preformed, double reinforced knee areas. Trouser...

To be honest those trousers are bad for brambles and bushes, for me they  didnt last. 

12 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

If the Mrs has never bought a pair of chainsaw trousers then I suggest she find a local dealer and go and try them on. Sizing can be a headache for sure. In regards to being tough unfortunately you need to start looking at the thick end of the price scale, Pfanners gladiator and the extreme range are amongst the toughest trousers out there, extremely good quality but you do get what you pay for with those. Thats from customer feedback not personal use, I liked the husky technical extreme which are a good fit for me, very light and comfy but certainly not the hardest wearing.

Ye, gladiators of Pfanner, or Samurai of SIP, for work on the ground, but they on heavy side, boots need to be tested in shop, I do not reccomend wellies. 

On 21/11/2022 at 08:44, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

Ye, gladiators of Pfanner, or Samurai of SIP, for work on the ground, but they on heavy side, boots need to be tested in shop, I do not reccomend wellies. 

Yes you're right the pfanners arent the lightest but they are a good fit which helps. It is always worth finding the time to travel to try clothing on, especially boots, they must be the most returned item due to sizing and fit!

Yes you're right the pfanners arent the lightest but they are a good fit which helps. It is always worth finding the time to travel to try clothing on, especially boots, they must be the most returned item due to sizing and fit!

Hope your boots are good 'cos just bought some off you!

Edited by organic guy