Charlotte Linch

eggsarascal

4 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Whilst chicken little might be right once in a while, making it out to be some a WW2 purge of the journalists is somewhat hyperbole.

Take a deep breath and count to ten.

Thanks, but I’ll take another forum members advice, and accept you are a Cnut. His words, not mine.

And unlike the echo chamber between your empty ears, maybe learn to treat the world with a certain amount of grey and learn to be a little more flexible in your thinking.

Just because you read everything and take it as gospel, doesn't mean you should die of the alter of the BBC and MSM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GarethM said:

And unlike the echo chamber between your empty ears, maybe learn to treat the world with a certain amount of grey and learn to be a little more flexible in your thinking.

Just because you read everything and take it as gospel, doesn't mean you should die of the alter of the BBC and MSM.

And there you have it,I rarely listen to the BBC radio, and never watch BBC television, or take much notice of MSM. Can I ask where you get your news from?

A copper got hit off his bike by a truck and could of been seriously injured or killed all because a bunch of dickheads climb on a gantry above a motorway. The press are giving them the publicity they’re looking for. The police and the Uk laws are also protecting these people because I’m sure there’s a few people in the traffic that would like to hang these protestors from said gantries🤔. Can’t see the French police putting up with this crap. I think the police are being quite restrained. If it was the Countryside Alliance protesting in London they’d be battering them with batons and tear-gas - fact - they did😫

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

A copper got hit off his bike by a truck and could of been seriously injured or killed all because a bunch of dickheads climb on a gantry above a motorway. The press are giving them the publicity they’re looking for. The police and the Uk laws are also protecting these people because I’m sure there’s a few people in the traffic that would like to hang these protestors from said gantries🤔. Can’t see the French police putting up with this crap. I think the police are being quite restrained. If it was the Countryside Alliance protesting in London they’d be battering them with batons and tear-gas - fact - they did😫

So a journalist who wasn’t on a gantry, but on a footbridge close by should be locked up for reporting the news. Well done!

10 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Would you fancy a few hours in the cells for doing your job?

Lounging in a cell for a couple of hours would be a piece of piss compared to some jobs I’ve done.

She should try her hand at an underpriced, overgrown, overwide, endlessly long conifer hedge reduction in the rain (with a cold) if she wants to experience real misery.

Edited by Bolt
  • Haha 5

The police need to be much harder, big deal if a jornalist spends a few hours in a cell if it means the police are doing their job and getting the roads moving so everyone can earn a living.

Everyone learnt at school, if you watch a fight you stand a risk of getting a punch on the nose or accused by an over zealous teacher of being involved... 

Doubt she's suffered any hardship, gives her another angle to report on, win win all round.

I agree they prob should have used a bit more common sense and she didn't deserve to be arrested, but rather they clear everyone off super quick and ask questions after.

• Like 2