Mrsa

Jamie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a viral type bacteria i think that eats away at the body, basically i got a cut and it didnt heal jst got bigger and deeper and everytime i got a small cut/graze it got bigger and deeper, so in affect with no treatment it would eat all the skin off!!! very strong tablets for a long time got rid of it!

its rife here in the uk hospitals!!

Wifes a nurse, her hands are raw with washing them every two minutes.

She works on the kidney dialasis unit. What pees her off is they have a system in which they use sterile area and pads and don't touch anything non sterile whilst linking the patients built in pipes to the machine.

But the patients come in in mucky work t shirts rubbing against the connector pipes which are in the chest at the side of the shoulder.

Also, the nurses scrub up and go thru all this shite and then at visiting time, every man and his grotty dog go tramping thru the hospital and sit coughing and spluttering at the site of their relatives bed.

Any infections, the hospital is the first to be blamed.

All visitors should be barred from hospital IMO, that way they'd have a chance of controlling MRSA

All visitors should be barred from hospital IMO, that way they'd have a chance of controlling MRSA

This is so true - I've been saying it for years.

Last year I took a friend of mine to chaemo 1 day every month for 6 months - and you should have seen the state of some of the visitors that came into that hospital - cant believe that any of them actually stuck to the infection control procedures i.e. hand washing / disinfection e.t.c.

- No wonder we have issues with these infections

Staphylococcus aureus is a common type of bacteria which lives harmlessly on the skin and in the nose of about one third of the population. This is often referred to as being colonised. When Staphylococcus aureus causes infections, they are commonly treated using methicillin type antibiotics e.g. Flucloxacillin. Sometimes Staphylococcus aureus can be resistant to a range of antibiotics, including Methicillin, hence the name Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

:alberteinstein:

Staphylococcus aureus is a common type of bacteria which lives harmlessly on the skin and in the nose of about one third of the population. This is often referred to as being colonised. When Staphylococcus aureus causes infections, they are commonly treated using methicillin type antibiotics e.g. Flucloxacillin. Sometimes Staphylococcus aureus can be resistant to a range of antibiotics, including Methicillin, hence the name Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

:alberteinstein:

Just from a form i got given from my pre op. Just before my op got told i had it:scared:. Had to be tested for 3-4 weeks every week whilst sticking stuff up my nose and scrubbing myself raw. also taking antibiotics. It's not always the hospitals fault, most times its the scanky people who bring it in.

This is so true - I've been saying it for years.

Last year I took a friend of mine to chaemo 1 day every month for 6 months - and you should have seen the state of some of the visitors that came into that hospital - cant believe that any of them actually stuck to the infection control procedures i.e. hand washing / disinfection e.t.c.

- No wonder we have issues with these infections-

Whilst I concur that people with cold and 'flu or other contagious ailments would be sensible to stay away from visiting people in hospitals, and that visitors should adhere to rigourous handwashing, I think that visitors can be beneficial to inpatients.

Since the begining of last December I have spent much time in the local hospital, with my Beloved as a patient. I saw dying men who will never return home, men suffering the aftermath of serious surgery, who without visitors would have languished alone.

If I never again had to go to a hospital I would not fret, but when needs must, someone needs to look out for loved ones, as doctors and nurses do not always have the time to fully care for ill people. Also they are subject to that balance of working a job in which all the people they attend are quite ill, which can bring about a discompassion, or a cavalier attitude with regard to patients. Just as if one works at an old peoples home, one must get used to death eventually, which changes one. However slightly.

That said, sometimes a patient needs more than an injection, or bloodwork, or a catheter check. Sometimes they need reassurance, someone who will attend to them as a unique individual. Loved ones can provide this, visiting hours permit this.

I have gone through two sets of intestinal surgery with my companion, both times he suffered from neglect. The first of which left him without any pain relief for fifteen hours, when this was remedied he was turned over three times, without anyone considering that an injection of morphine might prevent him screaming like a mortally wounded animal.

He awoke in recovery after the second operation feeling half the surgery site. He had to go barnyard to prevent them from turning him over to put in a second epidural, despite it being on the anethetists file to give him a morphine pump should the epidural fail to work.

That night, he remained unattended by any nurse, as verified by the lack of a single observation noted on his chart (there were entries for following days and nights), my own observation over a four hour period on the mobile with him, and the state in which I found him the following day. I won't go into details about the dread of that night, or the following three days.

I do not exaggerate when I say it was a horrendous affair but it saved his life, for which I am immensely relieved. I am truly grateful that he did not have to go through it entirely on his own.

MRSA isn't the only problem the NHS have these days....If you've been to hospital in the last few years you'll have noticed how arrogant and lazy the majority of staff have become, that includes everyone from auxiliary nurses with inferiority complexes to surgeons with attitude problems.

Still, we dont have any other option, if you go private it'll be the same bloody doctors and wards that they send you to anyway.

Whatever happened to people being nice anyway? Surely it isn't that difficult to show a little compassion for ill people?