Are you going to admit it?

eggsarascal

2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Not what I meant really. I have no horse in this race…I don’t think any leader or party for that matter can save the country, or in fact the world. I personally think every country in the western world is heading into a Great Depression.

what will he hilarious is the entertainment derived from sitting back and watching ultra liberals having a meltdown online if boris gets back in 😂

It's OK - I understood your intent. I agree, for what it's worth. It's a circus and so irrelevant to the average person. 

Simple, understated competency. That's what the country needs.

The issue is that it's believed that such qualities don't win elections. So untrustworthy showmen like Boris get in....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big J said:

It's OK - I understood your intent. I agree, for what it's worth. It's a circus and so irrelevant to the average person. 

The issue is that it's believed that such qualities don't win elections. So untrustworthy showmen like Boris get in....

Takes us way back to one your long ago comments J. Something like how can idiots be allowed to vote

I think it’s a matter of ‘balance’

The idiots on one side cancel out the idiots on the other side and that this happens up and down the range of extremities to deliver a mainly moderate outcome. 

Depressing to think it’s only equal amounts of idiots that keep us just about safe….

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Big J said:

Too late for any of that 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Big J said:

So it appears that a significant percentage of Tory MPs want Boris back. Not because he's a good leader, but because he can win them their elections and save them their jobs. 

What a miserable reflection of the British parliamentary democracy. Integrity, honesty and ability to do the job seem to mean nothing. 

I think it would be absolute suicide if they get Boris back.  I don’t think he is so bad but I know how a large part of the public see him.  He is highly toxic and divisive.  

Are their memories so short???

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Takes us way back to one your long ago comments J. Something like how can idiots be allowed to vote

I think it’s a matter of ‘balance’

The idiots on one side cancel out the idiots on the other side and that this happens up and down the range of extremities to deliver a mainly moderate outcome. 

Depressing to think it’s only equal amounts of idiots that keep us just about safe….

There is something to be said for a benevolent dictatorship! The problem is that they rarely remain benevolent.

I wonder how this period of tumult will be regarded in the future? The death of the Tory party? The death of common sense? The death of democracy in the UK? All of the above?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

I think it would be absolute suicide if they get Boris back.  I don’t think he is so bad but I know how a large part of the public see him.  He is highly toxic and divisive.  

Are their memories so short???

I genuinely would prefer to see Boris back over the other lot, and thats on either side of the fence. Plus it would be comical to watch folk go into a total melt down.

And why was he outted anyway? Because he had a beer during covid when even he knew it was a load of shite? If thats the case then get him back in. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Big J said:

There is something to be said for a benevolent dictatorship! The problem is that they rarely remain benevolent.

I wonder how this period of tumult will be regarded in the future? The death of the Tory party? The death of common sense? The death of democracy in the UK? All of the above?

We're already 2/3rds of the way into that already. 

• Sad 1

Just now, trigger_andy said:

I genuinely would prefer to see Boris back over the other lot, and thats on either side of the fence. Plus it would be comical to watch folk go into a total melt down.

And why was he outted anyway? Because he had a beer during covid when even he knew it was a load of shite? If thats the case then get him back in. 

It's not so much because he had a beer. It's because he lied and lied and lied about it and everything else. 

If he's the best the British public have on offer, then perhaps Kev's proposal ( 😉 ) for a military coup is the way to go.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Big J said:

Is it a death throw - or just business as usual though?

It's not massively different to the internal chaos (and overt anti semitism) that swept through (and in large part remains just below the visible surface) in the Labour Party.

I don't mean to deflect any criticism from the Tories by saying that, all I mean is they are all the same. 

The amount of people apparently clamouring for a PR system is also a joke.  Where were they for the 2011 AV referendum - yes 32% no 68%? And don't they realise?  AV / PR gives ALL fringe parties a look in - not just the ones they like....