2t lawnmower tuning AS Motor

Daniël Bos

This from their own workshop manual (which I  have attached to an earlier post)

mixing two-stroke oil

(ratio 1:50)

with TITAN 2T 100S 1:100

So yes, Stihl at 50:1 is fine, as is their own 'Titan' brand which is designed to be diluted at 100:1

So, I repeat, it is the oil manufacturers recommended dilution ratio that should be adhered to. If you ran Stihl 50:1 at 100:1 which the Titan oil is recommended to be diluted at, you would very quickly trash the engine.

The dealer should know this.

Edited by pleasant

Just read what it says in the workshop manual.

It states.....can run on a 50:1 mix (Stihl OR any other manufacturers oil recommended to be diluted at 50:1) OR using their own 'Titan' oil at their recommended dilution ratio of 100:1

I know you didn't state Stihl...I was using that as an example of a recommended dilution ratio, that should NOT be diluted at any other ratio other than what Stihl stipulate...likewise the Titan 100:1 as mentioned in the manual

Or are you suggesting you are using a 50:1 dilution ratio oil at a 100:1 dilution rate in it now? If so, that is half the oil it needs to give the required protection to your engine.

Edited by pleasant

4 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Just read what it says in the workshop manual.

It states.....can run on a 50:1 mix (Stihl OR any other manufacturers oil recommended to be diluted at 50:1) OR using their own 'Titan' oil at their recommended dilution ratio of 100:1

I know you didn't state Stihl...I was using that as an example of a recommended dilution ratio, that should NOT be diluted at any other ratio other than what Stihl stipulate...likewise the Titan 100:1 as mentioned in the manual

Use Red Line racing 2T oil . can be mixed at any ratio from 30:1 down to 100:1  Get some and try it ......

4 minutes ago, pleasant said:

No, that's fine. I see too many scored bores on a monday already, without confusing people even more.

I use it , and have for at least 10 years and never a problem . I use at 50:1 in my saws .