Hand held battery leaf blower.

coppice cutter

8 hours ago, Stere said:

I have alot of  the 18v makita stuff topper chainsaw drills strimmer hegde trimmer etc but haven't got a blower yet (I use a husky petrol blower )as the battery blower runtimes & blowing power was low V the petrol handheld ones.

Seem blowing is something that eats batteries faster than some other types of  battery tools.

This was the model id get  if i do go makita though:

Makita DUB362Z

Review:

WWW.PROTOOLREVIEWS.COM

The Makita XBU02 18V X2 Cordless Blower is the brand's flagship model among its battery-powered offerings. Check...

I have this exact model. I have an Echo backpack blower also but tbh the Makita is the go to. Its got plenty of blow and a set of 6ah batteries last long enough to handle most jobs. You can pick the Waitley 6ah batteries up for decent money and they have lasted me well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Commando said:

I have this exact model. I have an Echo backpack blower also but tbh the Makita is the go to. Its got plenty of blow and a set of 6ah batteries last long enough to handle most jobs. You can pick the Waitley 6ah batteries up for decent money and they have lasted me well.

There's actually two different blowers in the post.

Which is yours so I can check it out specifically?

Thanks. 👍

1 hour ago, coppice cutter said:

There's actually two different blowers in the post.

Which is yours so I can check it out specifically?

Thanks. 👍

Mine is the 362z, the z just means it comes naked with no batteries, charger etc.

Purchased from Fastfix.

• Thanks 1

My goodness, need to keep your wits about you with this cordless stuff.

Screwfix,

WWW.SCREWFIX.COM

Order online at Screwfix.com. Powerful 36V electric blower with variable speed control. Features Makita XPT (Extreme...

Same blower on Fastfix,

WWW.FASTFIX.CO.UK

Makita tools & accessories direct to your door with free UK mainland next day delivery on orders over £99.

That's pretty mad.

2 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

My goodness, need to keep your wits about you with this cordless stuff.

Screwfix,

WWW.SCREWFIX.COM

Order online at Screwfix.com. Powerful 36V electric blower with variable speed control. Features Makita XPT (Extreme...

Same blower on Fastfix,

WWW.FASTFIX.CO.UK

Makita tools & accessories direct to your door with free UK mainland next day delivery on orders over £99.

That's pretty mad.

I paid £102 + vat back in Nov 20 from Fastfix.  Always found them to be pretty keen on price and great customer service. On another note they were knocking out the 18v x2 chainsaws at a discounted rate last week.

Amazing what the internet throws up.

Turns out that Echo have a new blower and battery range out, but not in the UK yet, looks like it could make them a viable option for battery users in future too.

WWW.ECHO-USA.COM

Tackle the toughest jobs with ECHO’s best-in-class, commercial-grade outdoor power equipment. Check out...

Unfortunately when I asked the new Echo importers when it would be available here, they said it was and pointed me towards their website with the old batteries and blower on it. I sent them a link to the new range, said that's what I was asking about and wondered if they had a date for availability in the UK.

They didn't reply!

Still one would think it will make it's way here eventually so may be worth waiting on, despite the not-so-good importer.

Oh, also a new (larger) battery chainsaw in the range too which looks useful. Sold as being equivalent to 50cc petrol.

Edited by coppice cutter

• 2 weeks later...

Just for completion to the thread, after much research and weighing up of options, I did ultimately go with Makita but decided as I was starting from scratch, and looking towards any future potential purchases, that I would go with their newer 40v system instead.

Will post up how the 40v blower performs, specifically against my 50cc backpack, in the next few months.

Edited by coppice cutter