How much has signing up to Woodsure cost you?

Woodworks

On 14/03/2022 at 15:14, Alycidon said:

It did used to be optional but according to Defra it will now be a legal requirement even if you are selling a few bags of kindling,  not sure who will enforce it,  trading standards have their hands full as do Env Health,

I dont believe it thats just pure speculation. Show me where that appears in the legislation. Certainly Woodsure have been making wild speculative claims but if you actual delve into the legislation there is no such legal requirement just a con for all those to idle to actually check the legislation.

On 09/03/2022 at 16:14, Woodworks said:

Grudgingly filling in the Woodsure forms and just come across a few bits I dont like the sound of (clearly dont like most of it but these bits are worse) Cant get hold of them on the phone so thought others might know

What are point of sale fees?

• Please note: Point of sale fees will be invoiced separately annually once your application has been approved and an audit plan provided, if applicable.

• "

Also what might these add up to baring in mind we are down on the Devon Cornwall boarder.  "Note: Additional fees may be added to cover travelling expenses."

When I spoke to someone before, they said the point of sale fees are to cover the tests to make sure they're doing the right amount of additional testing for the amount of wood we sell in a year so they will get in touch and this is why it comes out seperate to our annual fee. 

I also called in today to see what the additional fees are as I was fairly surprised to see that and eventually got through and they said it's rare they charge "additional fees" but if you live outside the auditors area I.e. overseas.. and auditors need to stay over, it's to cover that cost.

11 hours ago, MajesticEight said:

When I spoke to someone before, they said the point of sale fees are to cover the tests to make sure they're doing the right amount of additional testing for the amount of wood we sell in a year so they will get in touch and this is why it comes out seperate to our annual fee. 

I also called in today to see what the additional fees are as I was fairly surprised to see that and eventually got through and they said it's rare they charge "additional fees" but if you live outside the auditors area I.e. overseas.. and auditors need to stay over, it's to cover that cost.

You really do sound like a stooge working for Woodsure. So few posts on the forum and all so proactive in favour of Woodsure. Thankfully I am one of those quite happy to stick two fingers upto Woodsure.

• Like 5

On 22/03/2022 at 21:46, MajesticEight said:

What do you mean overseas? IOM? Jersey? Northern Ireland - good luck to anyone who wants to enforce Woodsure rules in some of the areas over there🤔. North Korea?

After getting the email to tell me I’m off the list of BSL producer suppliers (last week or the week before) I’ve now just received the snivelling email telling me the deadline for proving the additional eligibility criteria to remain on the list has been extended to June. 

I wonder if some bright spark realised just how many currently / previously eligible producer suppliers were saying bollox to it and they realised the scheme would likely collapse? 

Careful what you wish for - W️S set out to make it so administratively cumbersome that only the big players can be arsed and that is all you’ll be left with. 

Extend it as far as you like - you’ll not get another penny out of me by way of subscription. 

• Like 5