550 XP on the spot buy..

Guest Gimlet

9 hours ago, AHPP said:

In plain English it means mistake proof. Huskys aren't, which is why they're crap.

In your opinion.

I think you may find the 254xp, 346xp, 372xp, 395xp, 572xp and 560xp were well received!!!!!

Neither Stihl or Husqvarna are better and not sure a company that has been in existence for 350 years could be described as "crap"!!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

You’re getting a right kicking here Gimlet!

Did you turn the saw off before removing the cover?

Just trying to sort the issue.

The cover has four points of interference. The bar studs, the brake band (if on), the location spigot and the chain tensioner. 

So, brake off, release chain tensioner, undo the captivated nuts, give it wobble and it should just come off.

If it was on the bench, I would be looking at which part of the cover was tight and looking for a reason.

The chain was released so the most likely issue is the spigot locator. Just place the cover on and off and see what is tight.

Look for any casting flash on the receiving hole or just grease it if tight.

• Like 1

I suspect it was the locator spigot. It was at the back of the cover that it felt like it was hanging on. I'll get the airline out later and investigate.

Of course, none of this explains why it seized up in the first place after less than eight hours total use from new, and light use.

19 hours ago, AHPP said:

In plain English it means mistake proof. Huskys aren't, which is why they're crap.

I have to disagree . I have several saws ( Husqvarna ) and over the last 40 odd years the only crap one has been the EPA  California version of the 338 topper . That was pants . Everything else has been great . 242 , 254  then onto 3 series up to 5 series today .  

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I have to disagree . I have several saws ( Husqvarna ) and over the last 40 odd years the only crap one has been the EPA  California version of the 338 topper . That was pants . Everything else has been great . 242 , 254  then onto 3 series up to 5 series today .  

I,m with you on this Stubby,i,ve also had 2,3and5 series Husky,s and have no complaints,even with autotune 550/560

• Like 1

I,m with you on this Stubby,i,ve also had 2,3and5 series Husky,s and have no complaints,even with autotune 550/560

Am i gona need to book a room here?!…… [emoji16]
You’ve had some good stihl’s as well though haven’t ya sir?! [emoji6]
  • Haha 1