Prices in Germany

djbobbins

45 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Looks like one favn to me. 

edit, maybe half a favn. :D 

It was a tightly packed pallet load.  Hardly any air space it just collapsed when we removed the pallet.  

IIrC a loosely stacked pallet was about 1500 and tightly packed 2000 NOk.

Better than some of the mixed loads we got a couple of years ago which was about 70% Goat willow.  The rest was a mix of pine, birch and aspen.  That was 1500nok two years ago.

What’s a Favn?  I am not familiar with that term.

8 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

It was a tightly packed pallet load.  Hardly any air space it just collapsed when we removed the pallet.  

Better than some of the mixed loads we got a couple of years ago which was about 70% Goat willow.  The rest was a mix of pine, birch and aspen.  That was 1500nok two years ago.

A favn is an old Norwegian measurement used in the firewood industry. Since so many of my collogues have small farms and forests some process and sell firewood on the side. So I often hear the term. 

I think its related to the word fathom as its also a word used to measure sea depth (so I hear)  I think a Favn (in he firewood world) is 6 feet x 3 feet x 6 feet. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

My electricity bill was 300 quid in September and 400 quid in October.  It hasn’t even started to get cold yet.

That is very high. With bills like that you sure your tenant isn't Bitcoin mining? A heat pump in a well insulated building as you describe shouldn't be costing a fortune and lighting is not usually a heavy user unless you still have halogens.

16 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

That is very high. With bills like that you sure your tenant isn't Bitcoin mining? A heat pump in a well insulated building as you describe shouldn't be costing a fortune and lighting is not usually a heavy user unless you still have halogens.

I live in Norway mate.  It is expensive here.

idoubtmy tennant has the knowledge to mine Bitcoin.  Plus he is always skint.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

A Norwegian cord of wood (en favn ) is 4m x 1m x 0.6m stacked or 2m x 2m x 0.60m stacked: equal to 2.4 loose m3 if 60cm long log and 3.3 loose m3 if 60cm lengths cut in 30cm lengths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1