Rotators are they supposed to move like this?

swinny

32 minutes ago, doobin said:

I think that’s the same as mine. gr55ff. They take some stick I can tell you 😂

Yes it's the same. Bought the Gr55ff but ended up being out of stock and this was sent in its place..... 

I'm going to ask for a replacement but he baltrotor gr55ff one...

Edited by swinny

20 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

It’s only because you are Northern mate - no point in asking any shandy-drinkers as they wouldn’t be able to pull it round like that. It’s probably fine! 

Lol 😆 for a grand I'm massively disappointed. Its gna have to be replaced not fit. 

Will have to ring wilsons up next week see what they supply

4 hours ago, swinny said:

First time out with the rotator and grab on the digger the other day.... little under whelmed  I must say.... 

Is the grab supposed to float / turn like this with minimal load? Shite if so..... even turned digger off and took off the qf points and tried again to.make sure oil not going back through diverter block and still the same.... 

I didn't think they should do this? I picked up a 5' log and held it out and pointed it up a bit and the bugger came back round with gravity when I released rotator direction... 

Not sure if or I haven't noticed this on my botex grab on the trailer.... 

Any ideas? Thanks

Looks okay to me but my experience is only with tractor mounted grapple loaders. On mine the slice of the spool block that controls the rotate function is a motor spool, essentially it free wheels when in neutral, this is so that when you slew with a long log the rotator does not blow off excess pressure via the port relief valves.

1 hour ago, swinny said:

All this is new gear Gary.

Grabs logs fine and holds them and releases fine.... rotates fine left and right.... 

I first noticed when going to pick q log up next to another.... the grab touched the top log and moved.... I thought huh? Give over.... 

Got out and could rotate the grab like that on my own...... I even removed the pipes to the rotator from the divertor.... just unclipped the quick fit connectors..... so oil could flow no where so in theory shouldn't turn..... it still turned! It's like it's passing internally.... I expected a few degrees back and forth but not to be able to rotate it so far so easily...

Go and try and move the one on your log trailer and i bet you cant move it ? would the rotator off the trailer go on the digger ? should do just for a trial and pipe it the same, if that moves like the original its something further  back or piped up wrong way ? if the one off the trailer dont move piped the same as original one, its something inside the original one rotator, You know Tom Dixon at Rimmington he will have a bit of expierance with rotators might be worth a visit or a phone call,

There is not much effort being put in to rotate that grab and that is not right at all,

Edited by spuddog0507
spelling
  • Like 1