Dare I ask? but I need to replace me wee 1997 026

difflock

Just think of it as a project when the days are short and it is pissing down with rain. Your cylinder, if scored is shot, your best bet is a Hyway kit or an old good OEM cylinder and perhaps a new piston.

Where are you in the country, I throw 026 bits at people to make them go away;)

Just think of it as a project when the days are short and it is pissing down with rain. Your cylinder, if scored is shot, your best bet is a Hyway kit or an old good OEM cylinder and perhaps a new piston.
Where are you in the country, I throw 026 bits at people to make them go away[emoji6]

I’m on your front lawn! 🤠
  • Haha 1

On 01/07/2021 at 12:08, difflock said:

Only right run in too!

So sommat light and powerful for firewood duties.

And my nearest bloke is a Stihl dealer.

Marcus

P.S.

This on top of 3 gearbox failures in 3 different vehicles over this past couple of weeks.

(i) Totally Knackered DSG in the Skoda(for the 3rd and final time) 10+ and 140k on.

(ii) The "bulletproof" Yaris has a duff clutch or clutch slave cylinder, and her only be 10+  with 150,000 on

(iii) The linkage in the low miles Renault van is also out of kilter, but will the daughter get it looked at  .  .  .

In the circumstances I hardly dare go near any of the other vehicles  .  .  .

Signed,

Disgusted of Dervock.

Might? look at battery stuff?

Change box oil on DSG's then go on for long time forget "Sealed for Life" Friends had/got them on his old Skoda Octavia.A4 2.7TDI.A6 All road 2.7TDI all get shite kicked out of them! Changes oil reg one of the things hes always said.

Old Skoda Bus went everywhere at "speed"1.9TDI chipped.A6 fishing Panzer clocking on the miles DSG's been great but Anti lock breaking brain hasn't!

All have towed boats also

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Change box oil on DSG's then go on for long time forget "Sealed for Life" Friends had/got them on his old Skoda Octavia.A4 2.7TDI.A6 All road 2.7TDI all get shite kicked out of them! Changes oil reg one of the things hes always said.

Old Skoda Bus went everywhere at "speed"1.9TDI chipped.A6 fishing Panzer clocking on the miles DSG's been great but Anti lock breaking brain hasn't!

All have towed boats also

Cept mine bes the POS DQ200 dry DSG.

Not one of the proper wet DSG's

Anyway I am liking the hybrid driving experience,

cos ah plumb HATED the zero low speed control of the DSG, the dry box may be worse than the wet type, but I understand even the "proper" wet DSG's are frustrating(to put it rather mildly!) to manouver in a tricky tight situation ESPECIALLY if any incline is  involved.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spudulike said:

Where are you in the country, I throw 026 bits at people to make them go away;)

Co Antrim.

BT53 8AB

2 minutes ago, difflock said:

I understand even the "proper" wet DSG's are frustrating(to put it rather mildly!) to manouver in a tricky tight situation ESPECIALLY if any incline is  involved.

They're all a bit jerky. I think only the longitudinal big DSGs are nice, like what the A4/A5s have.

My dad has a DSG Tiguan and i find it jerky to manoeuvre at low speeds, and as you say on an incline. My mum's A5 is totally different and very smooth.

I have an A6 with a proper torque converter auto, much better than a DSG i find, can't fault it.

• Thanks 1

The hybrid is a dream, either select the function which automatically applies the parking brake with a firm** application of the foot brake, then release and the brakes hold until the accelerator is pressed.

Or leave this function unselected and the car creeps very positively on relaxing the pressure on the footbrake.

All very intuitive and idot proof.

**The real genius of this function is that if in slow moving traffic light pressure on the brake pedal will hold the car, but releasing will cause it to creep, but firm pressure will bring the parking brake on.

On 02/07/2021 at 21:49, difflock said:

Thanks all.

(I)Yaris being collected Tue or Wed, the clutch will not properly disengage, despite the slave cylinder being thoroughly bled,

. . .He is hard to pay, in that he was reluctant to be paid for his labour servicing the Yaris this past few years. More a hobby for him apparently, and he picks his customers. 

Thanks all.

The bloke came and collected  the Yaris on his trailer(about a 50 mile ret trip)  replaced the clutch(which looked in very good condition, but 3 of the 4 springs had broken), also the pressure plate and slave cylinder, plus 2 new front springs and a drop link.

Gave the daughter the invoices for the various parts so no mark-up there,

and said £100.00 for his labour!

Why can I not find a mechanic like that!

She will give him more than that btw.

mth

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2