Gränsfors Bruks

Mozza

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sjh the Husqvarna axe is made by Wetterlings which makes very good axes aswell they use the same steel in there heads and last year Gränsfors bought Wetterlings so it's a sister company to Gränsfors now !!!

I got some axes from Wetterlings and they are top notch :)

I thought they were made by wetlings, they used to be made by hults i think. Its not a bad hatchet for the money it just hasn't had the time spent on it like the GB.

:thumbup1: Thanks for the picture David

Simon, That pictures proper cool, Sweet Video too!! :001_cool:

I saw that woman in the vid at the outdoor show last year making an axe cool watching them make an axe. I have some photos somewhere.

I thought they were made by wetlings, they used to be made by hults i think. Its not a bad hatchet for the money it just hasn't had the time spent on it like the GB.

I agree they don't get the same tlc but as you say for the money they are very good axes but that beeing said i will take a GB over them every day in the week :)

Just come back from the Swiss Alps where we saw lots of traditional cabins like in the closing shots of the vid. Supported on a stone mushroom at each corner to keep the rats out. No-one lives in them now. I think they are used for storing hay for the stock.

Quickthorn you dont happen to have closeups on the laying?

I've never seen it done:blushing:

Xerxes,

I don't have any closeups, just finished hedges. There are a few films on youtube. This one shows how a lot of hedgelaying is done these days by people who do it for a living. There's a bit from 2:24 which shows how I lay stems most of the time..chainsaw to start, then billhook to do the last bit. An axe would do, and would be better on bigger stuff, but the billhook can do this and can then trim off twiggy stuff as well, so you only need one tool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2DcW0LwWQ&feature=related]YouTube - National Hedgelaying 2008. Part 1 Chainsaws.[/ame]

My main billhook is like this one - a Yorkshire billhook..so if you're ever passing gransfors Bruks, ask if they can knock one up for me..:thumbup:

Here you go Mozza i took this picture just for you:biggrin:

ok, just tell me how i can think that looks sexy?

i already own a small forest axe and a small splitting maul and love them both. i am able to get an unbeliveable edge on both but particularly the small forrest, in fact, i once tried to shave my arm hair with it, only to see it slip effortlessly slip into the skin:laugh1:

my wife keeps saying "are you sure thats what you want for your fortieth birthday" in ten days when i asked for the large splitting maul!

got mine from proadventure in llangollen (online) price is fine and delivery is quick, and it does'nt have ray mears printed on it (yeugh!!)