LOGOSOL MILL

topchippyles

Just now, topchippyles said:

Posted on a few forums and no one seems to have used the logosol electric saw on F2/M7-8. Just wanted some genuine feedback 

Yeah, I've only watched the Logosol official vids and also not seen many user reports.. I'm quite impressed by the set up in general but as with anything I buy the same as you, noise would be a main consideration.. although in a 1 off buy I'd probably go for the most versatile option I can get, which from a size point of view is probably a band saw, a small engine makes no noise in comparison to a chainsaw, cheers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

Yeah, I've only watched the Logosol official vids and also not seen many user reports.. I'm quite impressed by the set up in general but as with anything I buy the same as you, noise would be a main consideration.. although in a 1 off buy I'd probably go for the most versatile option I can get, which from a size point of view is probably a band saw, a small engine makes no noise in comparison to a chainsaw, cheers.

I have 3 phase in the yard but second hand value on them are peanuts if i buy new. The M7/F2 hold their money that is for sure and everything can be moved so easily and mobile if required 

Edited by topchippyles

1 minute ago, topchippyles said:

I have 3 phase in the yard but second hand value on them are peanuts if i buy new 

Yep, I don't have 3 phase but then I'm just milling for my own project, I totally get the s/h value thing... in my experience often you can get a good buy s/h simply because the previous owner lost interest and the equipment did very little... you just need to bide your time and be lucky, cheers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Have you seen it or used it trigger ?

Hey Les,

dont know what model it is but its over 6 years old that's for sure.  Got  36" Low-Pro bar on it and regularly cuts Oak. It does the business, Id say as quick as a 660 if not quicker but obviously way slower than a bandsaw. 

He'll often hold over 1 ton logs on the Avant as the M7 bed just wont take it. 

To put it into perspective he'd rather have me mill his oak and I keep half and he's still way ahead of anything he can produce on the old fence post maker.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Hey Les,

dont know what model it is but its over 6 years old that's for sure.  Got  36" Low-Pro bar on it and regularly cuts Oak. It does the business, Id say as quick as a 660 if not quicker but obviously way slower than a bandsaw. 

He'll often hold over 1 ton logs on the Avant as the M7 bed just wont take it. 

To put it into perspective he'd rather have me mill his oak and I keep half and he's still way ahead of anything he can produce on the old fence post maker.  

Cheers trigger that is the first feedback off anyone who has used or spoken to a user. I do not doubt for 1 second that the bandsaw is much faster goes without saying. That will have been the smaller 4.6 kw unit as the bigger 8 kw has not been out that long. Noise i my biggest issue at the moment so looking at electric options.

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

I used the electric saw once, at an open day held by logosol, and back then, if I had had acsess to 3 phase power, thats how I would have been sawing......reasonably quiet, the motor whine and the actual chain cutting are loud, but fast, I reckon the chain speed is about half as fast again as a normal saw, and the torque is there from the minute it starts cutting, plus, how many chainsaws do you know that have over 10hp , it is the way forward with chainmills

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, agrimog said:

I used the electric saw once, at an open day held by logosol, and back then, if I had had acsess to 3 phase power, thats how I would have been sawing......reasonably quiet, the motor whine and the actual chain cutting are loud, but fast, I reckon the chain speed is about half as fast again as a normal saw, and the torque is there from the minute it starts cutting, plus, how many chainsaws do you know that have over 10hp , it is the way forward with chainmills

Good to know and 2 good feedbacks. Interesting so will give logosol a ring this week and see if i can arrange a trial of it. I have the M7 in the yard doing nothing at the moment.Cannot be that much noise from the chain surely nothing like a big 90cc petrol saw 

Edited by topchippyles