• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use a 260 on stuff 6-14"

If I had a lot of 12-18" stuff to do I would use my ms390

I prefer the 260 as I can work all day as the weight is easier on the back.

there was a post a few weeks back with a vid and the huskey looked faster but cant comment as not owned that model. I would not go smaller than the 260 and would stick to the forestry range. 361 would be good but too heavy for me.

Many thanks for the advise

Do I still need cs30 etc to use one of these machines, or are they not covered by the same laws etc ?

A chainsaw is a chainsaw, yes you still need cs30 (reasonably sure) to be covered by your insurance for commercial use. its the sharp bit there bothered about not how its powered.

Dont laugh I normally use an ms 260 for preping wood for our Hakki pilki.

But i could have a noise problem if I am not careful. Is there a saw which copes with 10" plus stuff or are they all a waste of time. Any input really gratefull

I have a MSE220 stihl electric saw with a 18" bar.

Loads of power i cut about 40 tons with it insde a shed before i got a processor, form stuff from 6" to 20" no problems. Cuts as well as the 390 farmboss i have.

Only thing i found was after about 20-30 mins of hard work the it will cut out until it cools down, a built in safty feature, but by the time you throw the rings you have cut into a heap ready to split its ready to go again. one way to help the motor getting hot is to keep the filter on the end of the motor clean, a few taps with your hand every 10 mins is enough for the sawdust to drop off the filter. Mike:001_smile:

I have a MSE220 stihl electric saw with a 18" bar.

Loads of power i cut about 40 tons with it insde a shed before i got a processor, form stuff from 6" to 20" no problems. Cuts as well as the 390 farmboss i have.

Only thing i found was after about 20-30 mins of hard work the it will cut out until it cools down, a built in safty feature, but by the time you throw the rings you have cut into a heap ready to split its ready to go again. one way to help the motor getting hot is to keep the filter on the end of the motor clean, a few taps with your hand every 10 mins is enough for the sawdust to drop off the filter. Mike:001_smile:

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. Would you say the next saw down would be too light on performance . The only thing that puts me off the mse220 is the 6kg weight. This may be the price I have to pay to get a decent performance. Do you still use yours to prep wood for your processor. Is the electric saw much quieter than a petrol

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. Would you say the next saw down would be too light on performance . The only thing that puts me off the mse220 is the 6kg weight. This may be the price I have to pay to get a decent performance. Do you still use yours to prep wood for your processor. Is the electric saw much quieter than a petrol

Hi, i dont use it too much any more as wood cuttin is done out side, i used to bring lengths in with fork lift.

The weight is ok never noticed it, it is alot quieter all you can hear really is the chian going round.

Not sure as fot smaller one, i just went straight for the biggest one thinking electric would not be too good but i was very impressed when i started using it.:thumbup1: