Beech take down 2010

Rupe

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, its easier than cliping into a bowline cos it adjustable, I've used a prussik on the lowering line before which was good.The ring seems slicker and you can take it off easy, but because it doesn't fully lock it could slide one way or other if your estimate of the balance point was way off. Under load it does lock quite well though.

Idealy it needs trying on much bigger peices with wider points of attachment.

Here you go. Simple really.

If I used a hub in this way it would also give me lateral attachment possibilities, I guess that is what the designers refer to as 3D rigging.

Here, the sling I'm using is too short so it doesn't really make a balance, its no different to adding a half hitch really. Just playing is all!

[ame]

[/ame]

Nice work Rupe, I like breaking branch systems up in the tree and lowering on mass as it were, makes it easier on the ground in a tight spot. I have used prusiks on the rigging line as well, I find a six wrap one works best. But I bet you want to buy that shiny new hub.:001_smile:

Nice work Rupe, I like breaking branch systems up in the tree and lowering on mass as it were, makes it easier on the ground in a tight spot. I have used prusiks on the rigging line as well, I find a six wrap one works best. But I bet you want to buy that shiny new hub.:001_smile:

Cheers, I guess we rig depending on the landing zone size, but if the space is huge then not so much need for rigging!

My other factor is to rig to the size/speed that the ground crew can cope with. In the last vid (not including the balance one) I only had one groundie, so he is chipping and stacking logs as well as lowering. No point sending him something he can't handle and then me sitting around doing nothing.

Thats another good reason for lowerign logs, even though we could bosh them off and dint the lawn a bit. If you lower you can put them where you want and move them later. If you had more groundcrew trucks etc, then bosh em off and get them moved instantly.

And, yes, if I can find genuine need for the hub then I'll give it a go. (probably won't need to be that genuine tbh)