The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

The reason I went for a small chipper is that with a towable chipper you need a vehicle to chip into which I haven't got, I have a swb vw van. Also I have nowhere to store a towable chipper where as I can get a small one into my own back garden and lock it up securely. Plus I have nowhere to store chip and logs so a tipper wouldn't really be the best thing.

I have the van, a trailer and the wee chipper:thumbup:

TT thats my problem, I have a Discovery at the moment so if I went for a trailed chipper it means I would need at least a pickup (pref a tipper). For the price of a trailed machine I can get a little GM and a tipping trailer!

the issue with tracked chippers is the weight, they are very manouverable and good on poor terrain but doing 90 degree turns on rustic paviers isnt cool and i dont fancy taking an assortment of plywood sheets wherever i go. I might end up selling the tracked chipper if it doesnt tick the boxes but i will never sell gloria unless its for a new one.:biggrin:

Hey guys. It's very apparent that micro-chipping is all the rage right now, with almost every client we have wanting any wood over 3' wide as logs anyway. Me, I'm just starting out, doing mostly garden work and don't know much about these mini chippers. Could someone enlighten me on a nice one to buy?

I'm looking at a cheap and cheerful van, chipper and wheelie bin/dumpy bag setup to get me on my way. But not too cheap, I'd probably settle for entry-level professional to begin with.

Here's one I pulled out of a random site as a starting point. The price looks pretty good for the diameter it can take. What do you think?

WOODSMAN Pro Petrol Engine Shredder