The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Yeah- but i have subbied for a JB owner, and i was just climbing and the damn thing wound me up to top pitch....it wouldnt get down the garden path, it wouldnt fire the chip past the halfway point on the landy bed, and you had to stand there feeding the thing as it has no feed rollers. I would rather get the customer to pay for a groundy, and make money off the groundy. :sneaky2::blushing:

Good thing about gravity fed chippers you don't need a bottom stop bar :001_tt2:

Wow thats great. The one i used was a 500 i think, but the chip was soaking as it was peeing it down. It was ycamore, and no leaf. It really struggled:confused1:.

Then again you do appear to be shovelling a bit of chip there:sneaky2::lol:

yeh he did tommer,, but it was half way up a cliff... :lol:

as for feeding it,, once it's gotten hold of the brash it pulls good and proper.. so it isn't so far apart... time and a place and all that,,, guess i should post todays pics eh?

Er, hmm. I'm not biting! :sneaky2:

Blunt drum chippers are as good as a food blender. Sharp ones with the correct anvil setting, engine running correctly pull in material and you can walk away. Chip throw circa 12'.

Here's an M500 running well. Chap is feeding as there is a constant supply, but once the material is pushed to the bottom he can let go unless he messes up the feeding.

The job in the video was won on one merit - that machine could get into the small garden paths of a National Trust property. Some of these paths were miles long; only a self-propelled 500 could do it; only a 500 did.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZyLLoBNLVU[/ame]

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Can I ask how heavy is the JB? Did it wag much when the trailer was full?

Max, the jb weighs a quarter ton , however with my stump grinder (120kg) on the platform the trailer has very good road manners .

It does sometimes save a second trip back to the job .

and stand there feeding the damn thing.......or price in a groundy and make him do the dragging.....

and raking all the chip to the front of the chip box coz it cant spit it far enough......

I still cant see the attraction, and hasnt the king of the wee chippers just bought a dirty great tarcked machine:sneaky2::sneaky2:

I too have a dirty great tarked machine but if I had to choose one I would keep the Jo beau.

Max, the jb weighs a quarter ton , however with my stump grinder (120kg) on the platform the trailer has very good road manners .

It does sometimes save a second trip back to the job .

My GM CS100 is 190kg's, I wonder what that would be like on the back of the 8foot trailer??

Tommer you just don't get it, you just dont want to get it, so just stick to your landy thread:biggrin:. My liitle gloria was down ramps into a back garden today, up a hill into a backgarden today, through a tiny gate, squeezed by a gas box and saved the day for a third time. Started at 12pm, 2 juice and food stops, finished for 3 pm and she did me £400 plus vat and i never took anything off site:thumbup:, i have used my tracked chipper about 4 times in 2 months:sneaky2::laugh1: