The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Just finished exhibiting at the Executive Hire Show at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. It has to be reported that 5 "Wee Chippers" were sold off the stand to hire companies. So that is three new members to the club - but do they count as full members or guests only?

Today we had a wee job of felling and processing 22 mature Oak, Ash and Beech, the beech was over 3ft DBH.

The wee chipper would have been huffing and puffing something chronic

As an aside my groundy felled the beech, I think he was thrilled, always feels good felling your first big tree :thumbup1:

You let your groundie use a saw and fell a tree?!? Good Grief:scared1::lol:

are any of the purchasers on here already pete? had they read the threads? do i get comission? lol

LOL, Stevie, I'll buy you a beer at Ciren. The buyers were unlikely to use Arbtalk but I do inform people of the community (do I get a bung Mr P? lol)

Is there a forum for Plant Hire people?

Those at Cov saw the size of the hole, the high discharge and the price at that sold it and the possible return, not my sparkling looks, wit or repartee!:001_tt2:

From the 300 vs 400 thread...

"All Jo-Beau products are now available through Prochip. More details will follow."

Prochip Arboricultural Machinery Ltd

So who do I go to for parts? Both the above and F-S?

Good to hear their back in the UK tho...?

Quick take up. Only 6u993r is that I would have liked a green Agria one!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a demo of the 18HP greenmech today :thumbup:

Still not happy with my local dealer (although apparently he is normally very good) so got a demo direct from Greenmech.

Great little machine

Good points:

Easy to move around

Chips better than i thought (don't have to sned everything too much)

Didn't mind the 4.5"ish piece i put through :thumbup1: (only took a bit at a time rather than pulling it all through quickly)

Mike from greenmech very friendly and helpful

Didn't vibrate brash as much as i was expecting while feeding- less so than holding material going into a 6" TW- could be down to material.

Bad points

Greenmech little trailer no good for me

No hour clock (i think would be great to help with servicing/blade changes)

Now i want the more expensive 18hp version :001_tongue:

Now i've just got to decide one of these plus a little ifor vs a 6inch road tow chipping straight into the back of my pickup...

• Like 1