The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Oh Dear, i rented mine out to a gardener/neighbour who had been doing some hedge work for a small care home.

He brought it back a bit sheepish this eve, said he had seized my engine!!! yikes i thought, turns out he got stuff stuck in the cassette but kept the engine going. The result, burnt out drive belts. I need it for a job tomorro morning!!!! Anyone know the model/type of the belts on the greenmechs? My markings have disappeared off them!

yikes!this is why i dont rent mine out, they are too sensetive and others dont care, what an idiot. did the stench of burning rubber not give it away. sorry theocus, i am on holiday but i can pm you peteb mobile if you like. my phone isnt getting signal to text it to you or call him for you mate

Driving it in tight spaces is I think best with a very steady hand on the hydro-drive gripshift and correctly inflated tyres; when I first got it the tyres were too low and the machine was less predictable under power. The diff in the axle has a tendency to favour one wheel then the next so it's a chore to keep it straight. But SO much easier than pushing, pulling, huffing and puffing a non self propelled one :sneaky2: