Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
allseasons

Vermeer skidsteer

Recommended Posts

Klou grab if you are doing logs fixed tree grab for clearing up,bmg for brush into chipper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing that worries me is that under heavy pressure the rotation hydraulics will suffer.

On the fixed grab a pin locks it.

 

Or do I not understand the way it works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Clicky said:

 I've got it in my head it would be no good and needs to be hydraulic, but I haven't used one so not sure

That’s brilliant but like you say is it essential. Love the bollard on the head for speed lining and pulling trees over 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Only thing that worries me is that under heavy pressure the rotation hydraulics will suffer.

On the fixed grab a pin locks it.

 

Or do I not understand the way it works?

No I think your right mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, allseasons said:

That’s brilliant but like you say is it essential. Love the bollard on the head for speed lining and pulling trees over 

Yeah I didnt know how much we were going to use the bollard on the side, but we use it for everything its brilliant. Tow ball aswell for shunting chippers about. Loaders are essential no matter how big or small as long as it stops me from knackering, my back I don't care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clicky said:

Yeah I didnt know how much we were going to use the bollard on the side, but we use it for everything its brilliant. Tow ball aswell for shunting chippers about. Loaders are essential no matter how big or small as long as it stops me from knackering, my back I don't care

Exactly and if it saves people’s backs and means they don’t have to lift silly sized logs it means they are more productive through the week as they not so knackered 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Only thing that worries me is that under heavy pressure the rotation hydraulics will suffer.

On the fixed grab a pin locks it.

 

Or do I not understand the way it works?

I can't imagine it putting that much stress on it. The rotary hydraulic unit (orbiter) is not any different to that fitted to an excavator and they work for thousands of hours with all sorts of loads?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.