cs31 test

LR90

Wedidn't get taught the recovery position on our training course and when it came to the test i had to rescue the assesor as an unconcious casualty. I climbed up and brought him down safely and shouted to the groundsman to support his back when he came down with me. Not knowing i assumed that was it over but the assesor remained "unconcious" (fortunately having done my lifeguard certificate i had done the recvovery position) i proceeded to put him in the recovery position thinking that would be what i would logically do in the circumstances. He opened his eyes and climbed to his feet scraping all the leaves and twigs off his back and said "the jacket, you forgot the jacket", i was however happy that i did at least get him in the recovery position he then turned to talk to the then groundie who was doing a rescue next and he had a big turd on the side of his helmet, i didn't have the guts to tell him but fortunately the groundie did. Both myself and the other candidate struggled not to piss ourselves laughing but did so because we didn't want to put the assesors back up.

My advice is remember the jacket just in case of turds.

no i did my cs31 last year and didnt have to do a recue of anyone the only rescue i did was of a hung up tree, I had Dave ford for my assesment he was a top class bloke! let me correct my mistakes and all the rest of it was very lucky as well with the way my trees fell,

anyway best of luck mate!

did the test two day

did two cuts gob + back cut and a split level both went well.

the trees i got to fell where also very good no lean and a good size.

my friends had a bit of trouple as the trees they where given where more in the middle of the plantation making the hung up tree harder to get down.

but the instructor was very helpfull and under standing and past all of us.

so i now hold my cs30 and 31 :thumbup:

has any done their cs32 and 33 out of intrest and is it worth doing it.

:001_cool: