Landy tipper or Transit tipper again? HELP!

johnty

At the mo i have a Ford crew cab transit tipper, however it is not going to pass its next MOT and it would not be worth fixing all the problems, as it would cost more than the truck is worth.

I have been thinking about getting a Landy 130 tipper they look the dogs nads, however im worried that it wouldn't be big enough, how much chip can they hold compaired to the Transit, and kit where do you put it. The little tool boxes they fit in the tipper body dont look big enough for my packed lunch box. Then if they fit a full length tool box you loose room for your chip.

The Overland site have som nice Transits and Landies on, help :confused1::confused1::confused1

Some advice would be great :thumbup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jon.

I sold a transit and now run a 130 insted. I think the landy would hold a similar quantity to a crew cab transit, just make sure you have barn doors or a double length tailgate to stop alll your kit rolling off the chip. Remenber you can tow a big trailer behind a landy too!

Ive got a 130 crew cab mate, climbing gear and butties and lad int back, tools in full length tool box, loads of room, ok a tranny holds more chip, but a landy will go any where and tow anything really. i had a tranny and it was great but i think the landy is better.

P1010880.jpg.0c748922df7b7b61e063053d451bea66.jpg

I love my landy tipper . Its only a 110 it does hold a fair bit of chip until you come to a large conifer . I made tool storage but now I find I would like more space . We use the roofrack for hedge work which is a real blessing . I am currently looking for a large tipper with more storage or perhaps an large trailer . The 4x4 is a great tool and I for one would struggle without it . :thumbup: