Full time climber position, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire

PC Treescapes

9 hours ago, topchippyles said:

I always put london 6/8K above the uk average  ? north/wales/scotland 

In living expenses, yes. When i was at the AA our London Weighting was 3,500/year which went nowhere to covering the additional cost of living. 

56 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Bus drivers do the same route n same shit every day til they pack it in. My concern is companies who promise a good rate then when you get there you find its 'basic plus bonus' so if you get on an under priced ( the companies fault)  contract yr often ending up with just yr basic flat rate say 18 to 21 grand. This is a shitty way to treat staff but the big companies have or are using this scheme on some contracts. Often you see crews cherry picking out the good jobs then someone has to clear out the crap.  K

Yesh, it's a relatively easy job and the bus companies pay for their licence too. Basic + bonus or OTE is a scam. Unacheivable targets, insufficient work load to fill the hours.

As Eggs said, if a company offers pay in a bracket they'll never pay you the max in the bracket, best you can hope for is the middle.

I'm actually not far from Croxley but currently unqualified. 21k a year isn't very appealing and who knows how long it'd take to get paid closer to 30k..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moose McAlpine said:

In living expenses, yes. When i was at the AA our London Weighting was 3,500/year which went nowhere to covering the additional cost of living. 

Yesh, it's a relatively easy job and the bus companies pay for their licence too. Basic + bonus or OTE is a scam. Unacheivable targets, insufficient work load to fill the hours.

As Eggs said, if a company offers pay in a bracket they'll never pay you the max in the bracket, best you can hope for is the middle.

I'm actually not far from Croxley but currently unqualified. 21k a year isn't very appealing and who knows how long it'd take to get paid closer to 30k..

Yr new years present to yrself then !  A good company will realise potential and hold on to good staff . Most companies aint gonna baulk at getting yr tickets in .  K

• Like 1

We are talking london though which is higher yes ? Its the living wage which i am thinking is the norm in london but its not looking now.

London Living Wage

The London Living Wage is an hourly rate of pay, currently set at £10.85. It is calculated independently to reflect the high cost of living in the capital, giving a worker in London and their family enough to afford the essentials and to save.

Edited by topchippyles

2 hours ago, topchippyles said:

We are talking london though which is higher yes ? Its the living wage which i am thinking is the norm in london but its not looking now.

London Living Wage

The London Living Wage is an hourly rate of pay, currently set at £10.85. It is calculated independently to reflect the high cost of living in the capital, giving a worker in London and their family enough to afford the essentials and to save.

Oh right. I don't think it's enforced though?

Afternoon all, thanks for the feedback on the advert. Ammended job advertisement for a climber below

Thanks. Peter

ARBJOBS.COM

Wanted Full Time Arborist Climber in South East (United Kingdom) click to learn more or set up free job alerts or view other arboricultural jobs at Arbjobs