Tell?

Paddy1000111

I've had a bit of a look at Bark. Although I registered for tree surgery/removal all the jobs seem to be grass mowing and landscaping apart from one tree between 6-13ft... They seem a bit like My builder. I was working with some builders a fair few years back and they were using that. They spent a load of cash bidding for jobs usually to be outbid by someone who has no idea what they're doing. Most of them just seem to say "I'm researching" which reads "I'm wasting time (and your money)" to me! 
I had a reasonable amount of work off bark a few years back, I liked the fact there was no commitment on my side but just pay when you want some leads.

I found if I was nearby and could give a quote more or less on the spot and do the work very soon then I could win the job. Had the odd gem - one lady had me back for more hedge work and then a few months later her best friend rang, that sort of thing.

They used to put out leads nobody had responded to for 1 credit after a few days, and leads were usually 3-5 credits. Now seem to be 9 or 12 credits quite often which is a bit too expensive in my opinion..
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan Maynard said:

I had a reasonable amount of work off bark a few years back, I liked the fact there was no commitment on my side but just pay when you want some leads.

I found if I was nearby and could give a quote more or less on the spot and do the work very soon then I could win the job. Had the odd gem - one lady had me back for more hedge work and then a few months later her best friend rang, that sort of thing.

They used to put out leads nobody had responded to for 1 credit after a few days, and leads were usually 3-5 credits. Now seem to be 9 or 12 credits quite often which is a bit too expensive in my opinion..

The main thing I like is you get discount codes nearly everyday so you get double the credits for the same price a few people who put me onto bark do well out of it that’s why I started with it and get the odd job

Jack

• Like 1

One other idea, there's a chap I did a tree for who runs a lawn treatment company. He offered to take my cards round as people ask him about trees but he doesn't do them. I would taken him up but not got time to deal with the enquiries I do have.

Who do you know? It's good to make sure all the people you know are aware of your venture - start of the word of mouth network.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

Get two slabs - slash cut style,  get yr router out n carve yr business name n number on them, oil wood n highlight lettering in black, bolt on an yr done. K

That would stand out although I'm not sure how I feel about carrying around the additional weight of two slashcut slabs on the back of the truck ??

On 26/11/2020 at 20:47, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

He’s fussy he’s just bought the ally planking from John Adam supplies and it cost a fortune so he doesn’t want to cover them yet ?? plus if you have too many stickers on the truck folk think your a traveller and they shy away little but effective works perfect ??

Jack 

Hah! Gens des voyages often do the same thing here in France. Totally covered in a garish blown up stock image of a climber with script listing every service finishing in...

Pressure washing roofs and drives and exteriour painting.

Every morning I go fetch my baguette from the boulangerie there is a stack of equally garish flyers by the till as the owner uses the local travellers himself, blind to the results and the petty scams they perform on his clients.

Stuart

• Like 2