Is it just me, or is everything ****?

satan

Not quite everything, but Has anyone noticed that Husky combi cans are wearing out on the base? Pissing out usually oil but sometimes fuel too. Is this because they're manufactured where QC doesn't exist?

The 200T? fuel line keeps falling off most saws, chain brake appears to be made of toffee.

I don't remember the old 020 being so pathetic.

So is this just me or is nearly everything ****?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have a point,but in real terms things are much cheeper than they were,so much stuff is made in the far east for a price.

On the plus side i picked up a new ms200 on friday,and was assured by my dealer,who i trust implicitly,that the carb problems are now sorted:elefant::top:

Using the 660 and did think how flimsy the plastic handel guard is i can bend it with my hand Stihl are starting to use lower quality parts and rely on the name the made on older model tools.

For what they cost you dont get alot a 200t is now gone up from £430-470 why is that then.

They are using cheaper parts and upping the price.

The reason the carbs went wrong is stihl tried a cheaper manufacturing process which clearly fcuked up.

Hopefully tanaka and husky will make a equal rival to the top handel stihl then we might see a product war between them good for customers.:wave:

Things are alot more expensive then they were fact petrol food utility bills road tax tax everything has gone up except wages.

Despite the off the wall charms of the other threads I'm involved in; I am a tree surgeon too. I have a 200t that is now on it's third Chain break in two years. Previous to this model coming out I have used 020's for nearly 20 years and I don't remember 1 breaking ever!

seeing as this is a fairly important link in the safety of an operator; do we think that someone is messing with us?

:wave:I think stihl WAS about making quality tools now there about making as much money its better for there business if our tools keep breaking.

I had the main handel break the plastic ring around the rear vib mount. Had to replace the whole fcukin handel.

Chains are cheap now i noticed oregon have half the cutting length as stihl dont waste money on them false economy.

Thing is stihl is good but only cos it has no direct rival husky make good saws but there top handel sucks if they made one as good as stihl id switch.

I want more hp from my 200t standard or they should offer upgrade kits.

:wave:I think stihl WAS about making quality tools now there about making as much money its better for there business if our tools keep breaking.

I had the main handel break the plastic ring around the rear vib mount. Had to replace the whole fcukin handel.

Chains are cheap now i noticed oregon have half the cutting length as stihl dont waste money on them false economy.

Thing is stihl is good but only cos it has no direct rival husky make good saws but there top handel sucks if they made one as good as stihl id switch.

I want more hp from my 200t standard or they should offer upgrade kits.

the 200t is already the most insane saw there is. more hp, I guess torque but not higher chain speeds.

:scared::wave:

the 200t is already the most insane saw there is. more hp, I guess torque but not higher chain speeds.

Yeah i want it cutting through 10 inch limbs like butter. I hate it when you have to slow down and keep the revs up.

Its a great saw but we would not mod them if they were perfect.

Im off to test my newly modded 200 now so see ya later ill post the comparison between standard new 200t and modded one.

It's all down to money. If saws were made to the standards and build quality that we desire the cost would be prohibitive. As it was said ealier in real terms prices have come down. When stuff breaks I just pander my consumerist urges and buy a lovely shinny new one!!