Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SamanthaSunny

Emails

Recommended Posts

I have noticed that in recent years email delivery has become quite unreliable and with no clear pattern.  As the OP said even from the same sender one minute they go into inbox the next into junk.

 

 Last year I submitted an email bid for logs to a forestry management company, and they rang me to say they had received no bids at all from me or anyone else.  I told them I definitely had bid and suggested they look in Junk.

 

It turned out they had received several bids and they all had gone into junk.  Things like that could lead to very expensive errors.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

I have noticed that in recent years email delivery has become quite unreliable and with no clear pattern.  As the OP said even from the same sender one minute they go into inbox the next into junk.

 

 Last year I submitted an email bid for logs to a forestry management company, and they rang me to say they had received no bids at all from me or anyone else.  I told them I definitely had bid and suggested they look in Junk.

 

It turned out they had received several bids and they all had gone into junk.  Things like that could lead to very expensive errors.

My main email address is a gmail account. The only problems I've had is that it doesn't seem compatible with Hotmail. I've had a couple of customers who haven't replied after repeated emails. I then forward them on via my other email account which works. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have noticed that in recent years email delivery has become quite unreliable and with no clear pattern.  As the OP said even from the same sender one minute they go into inbox the next into junk.
 
 Last year I submitted an email bid for logs to a forestry management company, and they rang me to say they had received no bids at all from me or anyone else.  I told them I definitely had bid and suggested they look in Junk.
 
It turned out they had received several bids and they all had gone into junk.  Things like that could lead to very expensive errors.
At least with the old faxes you knew it had gone through.

Unless their machine had run out of paper of course....
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

I have noticed that in recent years email delivery has become quite unreliable and with no clear pattern.  As the OP said even from the same sender one minute they go into inbox the next into junk.

 

 Last year I submitted an email bid for logs to a forestry management company, and they rang me to say they had received no bids at all from me or anyone else.  I told them I definitely had bid and suggested they look in Junk.

 

It turned out they had received several bids and they all had gone into junk.  Things like that could lead to very expensive errors.

That’s unacceptable in these times we should have all this sorted out and losing money is a real kick in the teeth 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Cropper said:

My main email address is a gmail account. The only problems I've had is that it doesn't seem compatible with Hotmail. I've had a couple of customers who haven't replied after repeated emails. I then forward them on via my other email account which works. 

It makes working life complicated when dealing with customers and you could lose business if they think you have not bothered to contact them 😞

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Email seems to be all over the place, just recently I've been dealing with a Gov dept, the amount of times the lady I'm dealing with as rang me to say I haven't replied must be close to double figures... every time she's found my replies in her junk.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Email seems to be all over the place, just recently I've been dealing with a Gov dept, the amount of times the lady I'm dealing with as rang me to say I haven't replied must be close to double figures... every time she's found my replies in her junk.

Ooops that’s really worrying 😬 I now find myself checking my inbox and my junk email which is actually quite amusing thanks to the con artists working behind the scenes to extort money or my personal details 🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently moved my emails to gsuite using a custom name. I have numerous other emails forward to the one gsuite account and it seems to be doing a really good of separating good emails from bad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.