Some people! beech reduction, too much?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOh this hurts

Hamad you are right and I am wrong. I just looked it up on my very slow connection on wikipedia, as all my books are in storage.

Phototrophic (with an h) means light feeding

Phototropic (without the h) means light seeking

You spelt it without an h, I checked. I have no alternative but to apologise for my arrogance and ignorance. However, my point stands about your attitude and we will lock horns again after I have retired for a while to lick my wounds.

Just noticed this thread... interesting reading.

Tell ya what, you just cant beat a gypsy stick reduction from a ladder!! :lol:

Ham -

In this game we all make mistakes, errors of judgement and misconstrue specification from time to time..

You'r customer asked you to take as much off as you could, so that's what you did, but your idea of as much as possible is different to your customers.. well there's a whole can of worms that's different for every customer.

Personally I think you took a bit much off her for my liking, and I know that beech are easily shocked so I wouldnt have been so heavy handed. :blushing:

Rich's job is art.

Even pro's on here argue the toss about what constitutes a 30% crown reduction. What chance has Joe Public got?:confused1:

This is a very valid point, Mark. It can be very difficult to get this across to some clients, and many a time I have reverted to "wait til its done and see what you think" which hardly seems right. On some occasions, perhaps a photo of the tree, with a line around the area of the re-formed crown, and marks which limbs are to be removed, has been necessary.

Few trees are the same, few clients are the same, and few properties are the same, given this mix, what may seem appropriate for one tree at one property, will not be appropriate for one a few doors away. In a way, I'm glad of this, the last thing I wish to see is every tree looking identical, regimental, they are individuals too.

13 Pages for 1 reduction, hell i would of jumped up there with me spikes and spirit level and just topped it.................good old pikie fhasion

Edited by Monkey-D
Language

OOOOh this hurts

Hamad you are right and I am wrong. I just looked it up on my very slow connection on wikipedia, as all my books are in storage.

You spelt it without an h, I checked. I have no alternative but to apologise for my arrogance and ignorance. However, my point stands about your attitude and we will lock horns again after I have retired for a while to lick my wounds.

Same here, Hamadryad. Biggest apologies. I misread your posts on this subject.

No I have never used the term phototropic to describe the structure of elongated limbs. I would consider the whole tree to be phototropic.

Thanks

OOOOh this hurts

Listen fella, no wounds should be had here! I am just glad i managed to contribute to somebodies learning, thats what i am here to get too. Shouldnt look at it as ive got one over on you! and dont apologise, being pinned down and gunned forces you to double check your facts, its all good. i think we are all guilty from time to time of jumping to an idea or opinion without thinking about it too much, you only have to look at me as a prime example! lmao:thumbup:

Same here, Hamadryad. Biggest apologies. I misread your posts on this subject.

No I have never used the term phototropic to describe the structure of elongated limbs. I would consider the whole tree to be phototropic.

Thanks

O.k enough of the thanks, like i said i need youre negativity to keep my leviathon ego in check, too many posts like this and I will have no choice but to believe in my "delusions of grandeur":lol: