Some people! beech reduction, too much?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

just my thoughts.

the job, my personal opinion good shape, but a little heavy handed for me, but agin well done this sorst of debate is what actually helps people understand some of the difficulties in an industry that does indeed have an artistic 'bent' to it.

cheers

kevin

Arbocop

Thanks kevin, at least one person gets it!

And yes it does take GUTTS to put your work in here for all to rip to shreds, and i will do it again and agian and again!

It is as you say a little heavy handed, but the client specificaly said to take as much off as I could, COULD! I have done an absolutley blinding job given the brief, i KNOW this trees health is TIP TOP and it will not burn in summer heat or fail to occlude, or even have the terminals "rip out" as one who shall remain nameless "you know who you are shrek! lol" said.

The tree has already , maybe due to previuos reduction changed structure to what is essentialy, internaly a decurent form, though ne growth goes and reverts to excurrent apical dominant as you would expect at this age and vigour.

however, this art is not discimilar to the bonsai effect, and the "inner tree" is the disired form, and it is the re growth that is undesired.

this is what MUST be done when a tree outgrows its plot, thats not the trees fault, thats OUR fault, we plant em, then we have to force bad choice of size and form into a bonsai and artificial form.

thats bread and butter reduction, and you ALL know it, so stop talking utter crap!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all your threads get an amazing amount of responses, its YOU that is the topic everytime, i think everyone can see a bit of themselves in you, if i hadnt seen your picture in the lunge thread i would of thought you were about 17, nothing to do with imaturity but your arrogant confidence and the stick 2 fingers up at everyone approach, you cant take critisism so dont say you dont mind it, you HATE it, you think everything you do is amazing and cant undersatnd when others dont agree with you, maybe its not the rest of the world getting at you, maybe it is you. I mean this in the best possible way, i like you,:thumbup1:

Lost my connection, some have commented on the original thread but I threw the gauntlet down and although your response (Hamad) is chilled, I don't think its time for a hand shake yet. Don't understand the fishing reference.

In one of my versions of my original post, I was going to say what SWB said, but edited it out as it was getting a bit long. All your threads are entertaining because of your total disregard for what everybody else says. This needs to be sorted out, if not now then When?

On reductions. Yes respect for posting etc but wheres my response to your pointless use of elevated language. Phototrophic branches etc.

And yes it does take GUTTS to put your work in here for all to rip to shreds, and i will do it again and agian and again!

your not the first and certainly not the last. I, and many others have posted plenty of pics of their work on here beit for criticism or praise.

I don't think people are ripping the work to shreds more the manner of the posts...

Ok then, after Tim's mention of the copper beech in Nailers vid. I remembered a particular tree, similar size, similar spec to yours - and dug out the pics.

Apparently I didn't take enough off. I told him I had. Aren't people wierd, eh? They adamantly didn't want it butchered, but it was tooooo big....

Halfway through and completed.

Rip as you see fit.:lol:

IMG_0236s.jpg.2414310b8ffe26fad8e5d1936d60ffc9.jpg

IMG_0233s.jpg.84edf232f3c26fd23b425733fd520d14.jpg

your not the first and certainly not the last. I, and many others have posted plenty of pics of their work on here beit for criticism or praise.

I don't think people are ripping the work to shreds more the manner of the posts...

Ok then, after Tim's mention of the copper beech in Nailers vid. I remembered a particular tree, similar size, similar spec to yours - and dug out the pics.

Apparently I didn't take enough off. I told him I had. Aren't people wierd, eh? They adamantly didn't want it butchered, but it was tooooo big....

Halfway through and completed.

Rip as you see fit.:lol:

thats a pucka job fella, similar to what I would have done, but you have the advantage there of it being away from services and garages and overhangs.

its always a compromise, what they want and what is best, we do the best compromise, its just then ethics that tell us how FAR we can compromise, Right?

Lost my connection, some have commented on the original thread but I threw the gauntlet down and although your response (Hamad) is chilled, I don't think its time for a hand shake yet. Don't understand the fishing reference.

In one of my versions of my original post, I was going to say what SWB said, but edited it out as it was getting a bit long. All your threads are entertaining because of your total disregard for what everybody else says. This needs to be sorted out, if not now then When?

On reductions. Yes respect for posting etc but wheres my response to your pointless use of elevated language. Phototrophic branches etc.

The three lower limbs HAD gone phototropic, in other words had begun to over elongate and change orientation to captialise on light.

due to be the lower limbs and faced with shading on all fronts except out and up!

not an over use of the word, FACT

I regard only the comments made that make sense to me, I will continue to disregard as many of the superfluos as I am able to contain/refrain myself from answering!

What do you expect me to say to that comment? it is a negative view on my persona, because your asking me to change, and why should I? for your benifit?

thats a pucka job fella, similar to what I would have done, but you have the advantage there of it being away from services and garages and overhangs.

its always a compromise, what they want and what is best, we do the best compromise, its just then ethics that tell us how FAR we can compromise, Right?

Glad you liked it...:001_tt2: There were a couple of sheds under the tree and a greenhouse the other side. but no services. The reason I came down was to change the 8x4 boards from one roof to the neighboring one.

I have done an absolutley blinding job given the brief, i KNOW this trees health is TIP TOP !

:confused1:

If this is the case, why start the thread with the question you did???????:confused1:

The title of the thread should have been................ Look another of my blinding jobs, bet you all wish you were as good as me!!! :001_smile:

Glad you liked it...:001_tt2: There were a couple of sheds under the tree and a greenhouse the other side. but no services. The reason I came down was to change the 8x4 boards from one roof to the neighboring one.

not a critisicm by the way, just curious on your view.

They felt you hadnt done enough, so do you feel they may go to another contractor next time?