Some people! beech reduction, too much?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt miss the point i just told you a little story to not hurt your feelings as much, so i will put it bluntly, you like making skeletons out of trees and there is only a couple of twigs left per limb, i cant see that tree doing to well in the future, the ones you have left will just peel off in the future as they get bigger and then i cant see any internal growth coming from beech so it goosed, too much off

Utter twoddle!

thats the most BS youve ever said to me, anyone would think i had left epis sticking out of a two foot diameter pollard cut! lol

What planet are you on shrek?

So are you calling it a 50% reduction?

Cut back from neighbours would only require work on the neighbours side not the whole tree?

Whatever the percentage, what you've done is a whole crown reduction, consisting of shortening and thinning, and you've done it ok if that was what was required. Maybe what he wanted was complete branch removal of some lower branches over neighbours and leave the rest as is.

BTW what are the ladders for?

Looks poor to me mate, Dont get me wrong, The pictures you've put up of your other work are very good but that imo looks poor, Like a cross between a pollard and a butchering :lol:

Always very difficult when you've got a difficult customer pal, Ive had to deal with a few like that, Damned if you do damned if you dont :thumbdown: Always a nightmare trying to keep them happy!!

I'd say more like an 80% reduction too. I bet there was a dam site more twiggy material on the deck than left up in the tree. I'm sure it'll come back again and someone will re-do it in a few years

Beeches don't have a lot of internal growth in my opinion regardless of how or if they have been pruned before.

Nice shape though, I'd be happy with that job if it was done to spec. Some customers are just a pain in the ass

Edited by gibbon

looks ok to me on the photo,just a typical domestic customer take your money and forget about him

Thats just it though, I cant just take the money and forget about it. i take a lot of pride in what I do, and go to great lengths to ensure i both do whats right for the customer and tree.

when i do a great job and the customer is less than 100% satisfied I feel i have not done my job to the best of my ability, and failed in a key skill at the start, communication.

I dont get it wrong often, but it still bugs me when it happens!

Thats just it though, I cant just take the money and forget about it. i take a lot of pride in what I do, and go to great lengths to ensure i both do whats right for the customer and tree.

when i do a great job and the customer is less than 100% satisfied I feel i have not done my job to the best of my ability, and failed in a key skill at the start, communication.

With your experience in the industry I would have thought you had got over that by now, and you don't seem to be lackign in thick skin either. The customer is always right even though they are always wrong. Whats done is done now and its only a tree, take the money and stop worrying.

do you wear a cape when climbing mate, you sound as if you are on a crusade. The guy would moan whatever you did, been there done that got the t-shirt, forget about him, you will pass in a few years and if the tree hasnt died by then he will get someone else in to top it, let them have the grief.