no hassle storing

no hassle splitting

winner all round

and if it was the tree owner wanting the logs would you charge extra

so all £35 is for fuel ect

makes sense to me

all i want is plenty sites to get rid so little travel and can do job cheaper

and an easy life

Cheers . He did mention £30 :confused . After all I dont do firewood so sounds cool to me .

Don't forget me!!! I'd pay you that to south cheshire and you don't have to ring it if you don't want, any size pieces would do. Then i could sell it to them next winter as split seasoned logs!!!

If I'm closer then you pay less fuel and take less time delivering it

I have had loads of calls for people wanting rings and timber to cut up and split, i just say no i only sell logs, how much do you charge for a "car" load? way i see it is ther just after cheap wood, i make more on logs per bag than in rings. Guess your a bit diferent as you dont do logs so i guess i would say £40 per ton delivered or £30 if they want to pick up from your yard. What ever you do dont let them have it cheap, there only after cheap fuel and doing another log man out of trade.

I agree have at least one person a week come in for some wood. Normally after free or very cheap cordwood as their usual source has dried up. You can spend alot of time talking to these people while they scheme how to get rid of the air space in your truck along with your profit.

A tonne of timber when dry will be 600kg roughly which will make a double load of £160 . How much petrol at £5 a gallon to ring it and then diesel to deliver it. If its £40 a tonne road side double it or sell it to a local log man so he can earn a living. If some one is put out of work it comes out of your tax.:thumbup1:

An old guy phoned the other day asking for log prices, i told him and got the reply"how much, i have never bought wood before, didnt realise it was that expensive (im at the cheaper end round here) i have an axe and a chainsaw i can cut it up myself if its cheaper. I just said no, oh and its a min delivery of 2 bags to you as its a 10m run easch way. Would they go and pick there own coal up and get the car covered in sh1t or ring tescos up and ask if they could have cheap food if they packed it? NO so why should we give cheap wood away. im nearly sold out and price will be going up next year.