todays Oak reduction

MAX

no disrespect but i disagree with that ive done 70ft beach with the same spread with a 15% reduction in a third of the time in a mewp than it would of taken any climber i know or have seen and the shape,you could not of evan noticed it had been touched..all you have to do is climb em to dead wood after wich is a breeze!

your tree came in nice max!

Yeah maybe tip pruning but not if you need to get further in.:wave:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work ,but i'd have ''tried'' [harder said than done with some clients] to sell the customer crown lift and thin, reducing the crown has acheived nothing imo..

You made a good shape and no doubt the customer is happy...

There is just no pleasing people sometimes.

Suppose in this case its better to reduce the tree and keep it rather then let it grow too big for its surroundings and have to remove it further down the line. Looks like the planners have done there usual and let a load of houses be built way too close to the tree.

Max, I did not mean to criticise, as I can tell you have done an excellent job. I just find I'm leaning more toward Pollarding as time goes by as a way of managing those types of trees.

Same as Ed, the tree seems to respond in a similar manor as the difference between large % of canopy removal and total is minimal to the tree