Kelly Kettle!

treewizard

Don't try diesel in them as it blows back far enough to get your eyebrows :blushing:

I have the 1pt one and as others have said - you can't use it everywhere, but they are good and quick when you get them burning right.

Bet stuff I ever burned in one was dry pine twigs still with few brown needles on and then a few small pine cones on top - burnt really well and really fast.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brother has a kelly, load of carp imo, this is what you want for a quick brew up [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmKxsecKiAk]YouTube - How to use a Hexi cooker.[/ame] if they are good enough for the SAS they're good enough for me

Edited by Lee Winger

i agree, wouldnt it be cheaper and quicker to just take a flask or 2:confused1:

I must say my Thermos unbreakable flask doesn't keep my cuppa chai very hot especially late afternoon..........

I take my Hexi with me when I go fishing, I couldn't be bothered with all the fuss when at work, ''bish bosh get paid go home'' is my motto............

My brother bought me one of these for by Birthday a couple of years ago:http://www.woodgas-stove.com/woodgas-stove/home.php

And it is absolutely fantastic. I use saw dust off the saw with a tiny bit of either birch bark at the bottom, or some fire lighting fluid if i have it withe me, to get it burning if it is wet. i suppose you drip a wee bit of saw fuel on as well. Plug the little battery pack in and it is like a mini air burner.

Boils a kettle much faster than gas stove, it is free fuel like the kelly kettle but you can also cook or heat what ever you want.

I take in the woods when felling all the time now. and it is free other than two aa batteries, but i haven't changed them since i have had the stove!

Trouble with the kelly kettle is its only good for boiling water, although it is great that and its a bit big.

My brother bought me one of these for by Birthday a couple of years ago:Woodgas | Camping stoves

And it is absolutely fantastic. I use saw dust off the saw with a tiny bit of either birch bark at the bottom, or some fire lighting fluid if i have it withe me, to get it burning if it is wet. i suppose you drip a wee bit of saw fuel on as well. Plug the little battery pack in and it is like a mini air burner.

Boils a kettle much faster than gas stove, it is free fuel like the kelly kettle but you can also cook or heat what ever you want.

I take in the woods when felling all the time now. and it is free other than two aa batteries, but i haven't changed them since i have had the stove!

Trouble with the kelly kettle is its only good for boiling water, although it is great that and its a bit big.

My brother bought me one of these for by Birthday a couple of years ago:Woodgas | Camping stoves

did you get 2:001_tt2::confused1::thumbup: