Husqvarna 350 will not start

Morgan1936

• 2 years later...

On 08/05/2020 at 10:57, Morgan1936 said:

My 350 has been running well but suddenly cut out and would not restart.

A good spark, good compression 125 lbs in2. Fuel not being drawn into the carburettor.

Replaced the carburettor but still not drawing fuel.  New fuel lines and tank filter,  It starts OK with an injection of easy start .

It seems as though there is no vacuum from the cylinder getting through to the carburettor. I have checked that the input gaskets are not blocking the inlet port.

Any ideas?

Thanks Paul

Probably too late on this but I’ve recently had problems with my Husqvarna 365 X-Torque. The unit simply wouldn’t restart at times. When started it ran fine until it needed restarting. A good chainsaw mechanic finally diagnosed it was the tank vacuum for the fuel. Harder pull starts may start it but when the fuel cap was removed and replaced this simple procedure allowed an easy restart. Not ideal but better than replacing whatever was needed. 

On 26/09/2022 at 11:13, hesslemount said:

Probably too late on this but I’ve recently had problems with my Husqvarna 365 X-Torque. The unit simply wouldn’t restart at times. When started it ran fine until it needed restarting. A good chainsaw mechanic finally diagnosed it was the tank vacuum for the fuel. Harder pull starts may start it but when the fuel cap was removed and replaced this simple procedure allowed an easy restart. Not ideal but better than replacing whatever was needed. 

Best get the breather cleaned or replaced as the saw will have a risk of under fuelling if there is a vacuum in the fuel tank and the potential to seize. It is a relatively simple thing to repair or clean and not sure why any repairer wouldn't do so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Husqvarna 560 XP is doing the same. Any ideas? Fuel mix is 50:1 Husqvarna XP 2-sroke mixed only by me. Starts and works perfectly but when turned off after 20+ minutes work won’t restart. Plugs checked, ht lead checked, fuel correct, air filter clear. When left a day restarts instantly though 🤨

4 minutes ago, hesslemount said:

My Husqvarna 560 XP is doing the same. Any ideas? Fuel mix is 50:1 Husqvarna XP 2-sroke mixed only by me. Starts and works perfectly but when turned off after 20+ minutes work won’t restart. Plugs checked, ht lead checked, fuel correct, air filter clear. When left a day restarts instantly though 🤨

Have you tested it for those 20 minutes with the fuel cap loose? If not, try that and see if it continues to run on

58 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Have you tested it for those 20 minutes with the fuel cap loose? If not, try that and see if it continues to run on

Just to clarify. Saws running on idle with fuel cap slightly loose to allow air in? I can do so. What’s the diagnosis if they a) idle fine or b) cut out please?

2 hours ago, pleasant said:

560 ran for 29 minutes with screw cap fuel lid unscrewed to slack allowing air in with no cut outs. Will try other Husqy later.

How old/condition is the machine and whats the compression like? Do you use the decomp as if compression is a bit low, using the decomp valve wont help.

When you try to restart the saw, are you using full choke, nothing or putting the choke lever on JUST the fast idle setting?

It may be the saw has other issues, a carb strip, clean and rebuild may help, I once had one in with perforated pump flaps which had been missed by the first few guys that had looked at the machine. The gauze strainer is a favourite troublemaker so worth checking. 

This model can wear the piston fairly quickly and low compression and poor starting are two of the symptoms.

• Like 1