petrol or battery hedge trimmer?

difflock

I got a couple of Stihl petrol ones cheap from e-bay. A bit of a project to get them cleaned and working (no new parts needed though) and cheap enough. if you are using them domestically vibrations and so on shouldn't make a huge problem.

I think the answer would be do you have other domestic power tools? Go with the same power source if you can - pointless having a 5l petrol can full just for a hede trimmer if everything else is electric, similarly if everything is petrol then you are set up to use it (and domestically might be god - get through the petrol and use it all in a season, I sometimes cannot use 5l in the garde in a year so it gos in the car in November)

• Like 1

I would of gone with the max blade size also but thought cutting might of being weaker with a longer blade to power, but its got a load of power so get the longest one i reckon.

Prices have shot up abit  since I bought it. I got 2 5ah batteries to use with it.

Makita also got a  whole load of brand new garden cordless models out: alot of mowers  hegde trimmers strimers etc

WWW.MAKITAUK.COM

What's nice about the Makita is that you can speed it right up for fine work. Possibly it produces more torque at slower speeds too for thicker stuff- not sure but the brushless grinder have an extra torque mode when you bog them down enough.