Freelance groundsman day rate?

kinojango

What kit would you need though?

If your grounding, you might use a saw a bit, but any company would have a saw for that. Are you goona bring your own rake?

Own PPE of course, but after that there is very little required?

Wouldn't know what sort to buy lol

I pay my groundie £60 per day, he has 1 years experience and is 18 years old, no transport and only a saw, i supply fuel and oil. i bought his boots, he bought his pants. he thinks he should be on £80 pd..........

Im paying climbers with own kit etc £150 pd and supplying fuel.

They are good climbers and have over 10 years exp.

1 of the climbers has his own insurance one does not but is covered by mine.

I own the company, own chipper, all kit, vehicle, look at jobs, take all the **** that comes with it.

I pay my groundie £60 per day, he has 1 years experience and is 18 years old, no transport and only a saw, i supply fuel and oil. i bought his boots, he bought his pants. he thinks he should be on £80 pd..........

Im paying climbers with own kit etc £150 pd and supplying fuel.

They are good climbers and have over 10 years exp.

1 of the climbers has his own insurance one does not but is covered by mine.

I own the company, own chipper, all kit, vehicle, look at jobs, take all the **** that comes with it.

Its all on your insurance then!

The climber with his own insurance is still covered by yours not his while workign on your jobs.

like rupe said it depends on the groundy, some groundies i use let logs run like pro's when snatching & some would struggle to remember how to rig the capstan, let alone rig (or work for that matter) with any sort of finess; and as a result i pay one double what i pay the other. Arial resque makes some1 much more employable/ valuable IMO.

In my oppinion, the best groundie is another climber - end of!!!

This is mainly because, only another climber really knows how it is in the tree, for lowering opperations etc. This does not mean that I do not appreciate that grounding is a skilled job, and a good groundie worth his weight in gold.

A guy round here, has his own tree business, but also freelances. He is a climber with loads of gear and skillls etc and charges 80 for grounding and 120 for climbing.

Thats my tupence worth.

• Like 1

Nothing really, but i came from the building trade where i was getting around £130 a day. I've always been into the trees and im just trying to get a living from it, and £80 a day at 34 is not a living, its only just surviving. All i want to do is stay in the game as i REALLY enjoy it and the people who do it are always very friendly and helpful.

Kinojango,

Whats stopping you looking for f/t employment?

Nothing really, but i came from the building trade where i was getting around £130 a day. I've always been into the trees and im just trying to get a living from it, and £80 a day at 34 is not a living, its only just surviving. All i want to do is stay in the game as i REALLY enjoy it and the people who do it are always very friendly and helpful.