Covid-19

Ratman

Nope I guess it isn’t although I’m struggling to get the point you are pushing. but seeing as the country is locked down to protect us and as is quoted often the NHS from  this virus and it’s supposed transmissibility and lethality it does seem to be a bit strange that highly educated doctors regardless of their religion are not rushing to take up the offer of a vaccination.    

They are though! The news referred to HCWs. The Leicester poll quoted 70% of doctors taking the jab. I will bet you twenty quid 99% of the 30% defaults are because of apathy. 3 of my ex uni mates are GPs. Every dr in each of their practices have had the jab

30 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:
57 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
Nope I guess it isn’t although I’m struggling to get the point you are pushing. but seeing as the country is locked down to protect us and as is quoted often the NHS from  this virus and it’s supposed transmissibility and lethality it does seem to be a bit strange that highly educated doctors regardless of their religion are not rushing to take up the offer of a vaccination.    

Read more  

They are though! The news referred to HCWs. The Leicester poll quoted 70% of doctors taking the jab. I will bet you twenty quid 99% of the 30% defaults are because of apathy. 3 of my ex uni mates are GPs. Every dr in each of their practices have had the jab

To be honest I care very little if they do or don’t. But how can you be apathetic to something that is being used as an excuse to lockdown an entire country ?? due to its aforementioned characteristics or maybe is it in reality they know the stats for its effects on healthy individuals. 

I agree with you entirely, they should not be apathetic.

don't know what you mean by "do they know the stats"?

could you explain as some may see that as these common a garden drs in Leicester are part of some conspiracy and I know that is not what you meant as these drs will have the same access to info about the various vaccines as us. they  are just more at risk of catching it. I spoke to a respiratory consultant back in April. Her medical staff had all caught it as PPE was so Shiite then

Edited by Tippin Alaybye

27 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

I agree with you entirely, they should not be apathetic.

don't know what you mean by "do they know the stats"?

could you explain as some may see that as these common a garden drs in Leicester are part of some conspiracy and I know that is not what you meant

No I won’t explain anything at all. You know very well what I mean about statistics in regards covid. The part regarding conspiracy is just rubbish quite frankly. No one mentioned conspiracy, I’ve never denied covids existence. 
Shame that you felt the need to drag things back to that bullshit level. 
Take a look at the latest ONS figures and that will give you all the statistics you need. 

FC1AE6AA-7452-48CF-9C6D-CCD2D5F8AC9E.png

Edited by Johnsond

sorry, I find there is no need for any to and fro-ing to be anything but respectful argument. I did not know what you meant by statistics. are you referring to the risks of covid to the general population?

if so, drs are not the general population so they should all get vaccinated as more than anyone they are at risk of catching it...being off work...health delivery being disrupted.

the most recent part of your argument was about the poor uptake in vaccination in the medical profession.

you using the words "protect us" and "supposed transmissibility and lethality" does smack of not believing the worldwide response to the pandemic is for other than stated reasons. I understand this lockdown has been very difficult for you and I do honestly sympathise  but the lockdown is not to protect you, as you state,  it is to protect the health systems of the different countries from being overwhelmed.

Edited by Tippin Alaybye

12 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

sorry, I find there is no need for any to and fro-ing to be anything but respectful argument. I did not know what you meant by statistics. are you referring to the risks of covid to the general population?

if so, drs are not the general population so they should all get vaccinated as more than anyone they are at risk of catching it...being off work...health delivery being disrupted.

the most recent part of your argument was about the poor uptake in vaccination in the medical profession.

you using the words "protect us" and "supposed transmissibility and lethality" does smack of not believing the worldwide response to the pandemic is for other than stated reasons. I understand this lockdown has been very difficult for you and I do honestly sympathise  but the lockdown is not to protect you, as you state,  it is to protect the health systems of the different countries from being overwhelmed.

You can read into it what you want, that seems to be a common trait with lockdown/restriction advocates. If it is primarily  there to stop health systems being overwhelmed how can anything but 100% take up of the vaccine by health care professionals be deemed as acceptable. As for sympathy excuse me but spare  me that line ok. 

ok. I will continue to keep it civil though.

you need 80-90% uptake with usual vaccines to protect the population. Covid, is of course, an unknown in this respect.

the only contraindications for covid presently is a history of anaphylaxis to medication so there will never be 100% uptake in that respect.

if you do argue contrary points you do have an obligation to explain your reasoning. you may have already stated this but what would you recommend this government do instead of lockdown?

if you tell me I can agree or disagree with the various points in a respectful manner, hopefully with evidence.

my point in arguing with you isn't to change your mind, it is to put my points over to anyone reading who has not already made their mind up, so they can hear everyone's points and make their own mind up

Edited by Tippin Alaybye
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

ok. I will continue to keep it civil though.

you need 80-90% uptake with usual vaccines to protect the population. Covid, is of course, an unknown in this respect.

the only contraindications for covid presently is a history of anaphylaxis to medication so there will never be 100% uptake in that respect.

if you do argue contrary points you do have an obligation to explain your reasoning. you may have already stated this but what would you recommend this government do instead of lockdown?

if you tell me I can agree or disagree with the various points in a respectful manner, hopefully with evidence.

my point in arguing with you isn't to change your mind, it is to put my points over to anyone reading who has not already made their mind up, so they can hear everyone's points and make their own mind up

That’s it for me I’m afraid,  debate over the minute you asked  “what would you do instead “ that tactic has been absolutely done  to death on here, myself and others have given an answer on multiple occasions but it’s never been enough for some. I think most will have made their minds up by this stage don’t you.