stopping your saw hitting the ground?

Stihlwatersrundeep

I think we've lost the thread a bit here, I have all ppe. chainsaw boots ,gloves (stihl ones with hand protection.)

chainsaw trousers not chaps, and helmet with muffs.

used my ms260 on logs picked up off building sites (chainsawed using sawhorse)

the average bloke going down B&Q to buy a chainsaw has probably never considered PPE .

I only asked about the downed trees as it was a bit out of my experience.

Sounds to me that you'll be fine cutting up the stuff on the floor:icon14::icon14:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave:

You cant beat experience - in any walk of life. Tickets satisfy insurers and the like but I seen loads a shite guys with tickets, useless. Getting both is like finding rocking horse manure,....discuss....

And bloody expensive they want to much lol. I preferr experianced guys there worth the money they get the job done all have the own liability. Ticketed guys only have tickets so if it goes tits up your footing the bill.

You ideally want both but its not an ideal world and for small companys im not paying for some jumped up little **** with a ticket. haha :wave:

Chainsaw tickets are only needed if you're using a saw for work purposes.

No thats not true. Tickets are only required by some councils thats it and some insurance companys.

Domestic work requires no tickets

Its all grey just have to be competent but its the age old one how do you prove that well tickets are the easy way not the only way.:wave:

The gps one made me laugh to haha surely you know where you are you drovd there.

:wave:

And bloody expensive they want to much lol. I preferr experianced guys there worth the money they get the job done all have the own liability. Ticketed guys only have tickets so if it goes tits up your footing the bill.

You ideally want both but its not an ideal world and for small companys im not paying for some jumped up little **** with a ticket. haha :wave:

It is possible to find decent people to work for you who have only just passed their tickets, not everyone is a jumped up little ****!

Some of the companies who I do contract work for would never have taken my company on if they thought that I had staff who weren't qualified working for me.

You say that you get guys in to work for you who've got their own liability insurance - you do realise that this is meaningless? If you sub people in then you have to have employers liability by law. Also, if your company is doing a job for someone and one of your subbies drops a log on someones head and kills them then it will be your insurance that the claim is made against not theirs. As someone who subs in other workers you are classed as an employer.:)

You never know you could get lost going to the garden shed nowdays lol

acutally your wrong again one of my requirments is i use bonifid sub contractors with liability no less than my own im fully covered so are they you should read things up first.

I do go in depth with my insurance to make sure i cover all the angles any one who subs from me and break stuff is liable not me thats a stated fact.

Oh you do not need EL by law they changed it when was the last time you looked. But i have it any way point being.

Doing your tickets teaches you safety aspects that someone who's been doing trees for 50 years without their tickets wouldn't even know.

sorry but "tickets" have absolutely nothing to do with safety, safety is not something your really learn by doing tickets, safety is something you naturally have or don’t have and its mainly either based on experience or natural aptitude & judgment. ;)

I know plenty of people with tickets who I wouldn’t trust with a butter knife yet alone a chainsaw, they don’t know how to maintain there saw yet alone sharpen it with a file properly. :aetsch:

You should remember that “ticketing” is just a cash cow for organisations to make money by using H&S as a means to force testing in professions that can make money from by abusing legislation!