New Distil Gecko spikes

Linda

I got a set of the velcro ankle straps for my carbon fibers, but hated them from the get go.

They seem very bulky to me. So, I made my own. I sewed a strap onto a delta ring which I cut off of a TreeMagic saddle (which fell apart under normal gentle use), then I sewed velcro on one side.

I dont know if the pictures show it good enough, but these straps work very well.

These spurs are pretty old now and have seen ALOT of use. but they are holding up fine.

The carbon fiber under the foot stirrup has not flaked very much at all and I do walk around on concrete sometimes.

Hope these pictures show it clearly

IMG_0602.jpg.92b77a429436ebf8760a3d7dca5460e4.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg.6e61f809948d92bc0bac2f64e68c7d42.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg.4848d74d0fcfee4f583101e37f82b3fd.jpg

1.jpg.0eda7c4422b9b57b5cea3772068e5986.jpg

carbonfiber.jpg.aac1e4f48f24d6c0815c6b1f50881387.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice mod Frans, I like the use of the angular side D's,

I hate that stupid oval adjuster on my Geckos its poorly positioned and the velcro does'nt sit right, thats only a minor niggle.

And for what its worth I always wear my Geckos fairly loose, so cinching them up tight is not a problem.

I'd take the D's of my Treemagic, only after a year of regular abuse its still going strong.

Nice mod Frans, I like the use of the angular side D's,

I hate that stupid oval adjuster on my Geckos its poorly positioned and the velcro does'nt sit right, thats only a minor niggle.

And for what its worth I always wear my Geckos fairly loose, so cinching them up tight is not a problem.

I'd take the D's of my Treemagic, only after a year of regular abuse its still going strong.

the bit around the bottom that always twist round has a slight angle where it joins up, if you pull it down befor putting the strap in instead of leaving it central it will fasten up nicely and never move!!

• 2 weeks later...

Try going wrap around style over the shank the way Frans shows us in the pics...dont use the oval loop atall. (They are next to useless ) I dont wear mine that tight anymore but started wrapping direct around the shank cos the straps kept bunching and riding a bit using loops and it makes for easier fitting especially if you put your spikes on once up the tree.

it makes for easier fitting especially if you put your spikes on once up the tree.

you should use a ladder to get up the tree if you doing a pollard matey:icon14:

i hate having to do anything like that up a tree, my lace came undone the otherday while i was right out on a fat pop limb!!! thought my eyes were going to blow getting in a position to tie them!!!