bye bye vt hello spiderjack

Stephen Blair

I think with or without a lockjack we all have a similar case of arse thump that made others laugh! I know how much that can hurt! ego as well as backside!

Aye, after 5 minutes i saw the funny side, Wouldnt of minded being told It can be VERY fast coming down :lol::lol:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

similar but really different

climbing is very personal

what one likes does not suit another

i also have a lockjack but personally prefere the spider

but lockjack is certainly more common but vt even more so who knows

been out all day on beer so hope that made sence

now have to wrap pressys:thumbdown::thumbdown:

oh i am expecting some quick stuff on the ropeguide:biggrin:

SWB the less friction and narrower rope you have the better for the spiderjack. I love mine, though I did not like the lockjack at all when I tried it.

For working the spiderjack is great, if you want ultimate control (competition climbing) a well setup VT is better. But for day to day working the spiderjack is a great tool.

Although not ideal when you are climbing above or near your anchor point as it self tends very easily and you have to pull some slack through it or put a knot above the spiderjack to stop the slack from pulling through.

If you dont already, force yourself to footlock more as the spiderjack is great for having almost no sitback and footlocking with it is very efficient.

SWB the less friction and narrower rope you have the better for the spiderjack. I love mine, though I did not like the lockjack at all when I tried it.

For working the spiderjack is great, if you want ultimate control (competition climbing) a well setup VT is better. But for day to day working the spiderjack is a great tool.

Although not ideal when you are climbing above or near your anchor point as it self tends very easily and you have to pull some slack through it or put a knot above the spiderjack to stop the slack from pulling through.

If you dont already, force yourself to footlock more as the spiderjack is great for having almost no sitback and footlocking with it is very efficient.

what size rope are you using your spider on jonny ? i have found with my lock jack that a foot ascender and a hand ascender can make long climba really quick and really easy espeacially on long climbas where you cant get your feel on the tree . im currently using marlow rope with my lock jack but am tempted to give thiiner ropes a go , all that puts me off it that im not built like the average racin snake so at 6"2 tall and 17 an a half stone im sure if i would get on with a thinner rope

what size rope are you using your spider on jonny ? i have found with my lock jack that a foot ascender and a hand ascender can make long climba really quick and really easy espeacially on long climbas where you cant get your feel on the tree . im currently using marlow rope with my lock jack but am tempted to give thiiner ropes a go , all that puts me off it that im not built like the average racin snake so at 6"2 tall and 17 an a half stone im sure if i would get on with a thinner rope

You need to get into SRT if your setting lines with a throwline, you already have most of the kit by the sounds of it and with your build you may find SRT easier and more effcient.

You need to get into SRT if your setting lines with a throwline, you already have most of the kit by the sounds of it and with your build you may find SRT easier and more effcient.

srt is something im really keen on trying but down here in cornwall there aint many guys using modern methods to climb , whan is the next arb show :thumbup: and lets have some oppinions on a smaller diamiter rope that i can use with my lock jack :lol: