Anti Vibe Gloves

IronMike

Evening all.

Ive noticed my hands are getting a bit tingly at the end of the day, especially after a full day of brashing. I wear some very thin and basic gloves currently, but really should have some anti vibe type ones I reckon.

Any recommendations from the collective out there from personal experience?

There is a previous thread about this somewhere Mike..... only i dont know how to find old threads cos i’m on mobile app version of Arbtalk, and rather a lot “thick” when it comes to computers/gadgets [emoji23][emoji23] sure someone else will be along soon and be able to resurrect it for ya! [emoji106]

Hmm. Interesting point J. I have been wondering if I’ve been clinging on a bit much recently, possibly due to my shoulder issues? As of yesterday I’m using a brand spanking 550 Mk2.

I was looking at these gloves:

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop Anti Vibration Gloves Hi-vis Reflective Safety Work Gloves...

Edited by IronMike
Spelling

7 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Hmm. Interesting point J. I have been wondering if I’ve been clinging on a bit much recently, possibly due to my shoulder issues? As of yesterday I’m using a brand spanking 550 Mk2.

I was looking at these gloves:

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop Anti Vibration Gloves Hi-vis Reflective Safety Work Gloves...

Possibly. A fairly relaxed grip will help. A Mk2 550XP will have very low vibration levels. 

Fact is that all saw work is going to affect your hands in some way. I try to avoid it now as I like to play piano with the kids and it does my playing no good at all.

I’ll try and loosen up a bit, see if that works. My unstable and weak shoulders ain’t helping. Off to see a private quack to have them looked at, and find out whether the operation I had was actually the wrong one for me (out of a choice of two).

16 minutes ago, Khriss said:

To be right n center- if yr task is doing that to yr hands ( an I have suffered it ) an engineering solution is the answer ( not Steve Austin hands BTW ) change tool or use machine. K

The aim is to be on the Logbullet pretty much full time eventually mate, but for the immediate future I’m having to muck in and do plenty of cutting myself unfortunately.

• Like 1

I've tried different gloves, some of the cheap 'site' thinner ones (dextrogrip) left my hands tingling after less than an hour on the 261 (ie not even big saw).

I now wear Showa 310's climbing and sawing, they're a bit thicker and that seems to be enough to avoid tingling. Grip is good so no need to grasp tight, seem to last pretty well also.

Toolstation £3 a pair free delivery at the moment, I buy black to appear less like a builder.