husky starting trouble?

josh

I dont mean this in a bad way mate but it has got fuel in it?? properly mixed fuel??

I remember i guy i used to work for going MAD with a saw once, calling it all names under the sun because it wouldnt start, he must of tried for an hour, got soooooooooo mad and when he calmed down realised it had no fuel in :lol:

That's never happened to me. :blushing:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be either of those things, didn't know they'd effect it, i have put a fair bit of grease in the blade, and didn't even know the chain oil's had differant thinkness. although it has been running fine since i've had it (about 2-3 weeks). hell knows what to do, i'll get someone to look at it. :biggrin:

well firstly i would change the spark pluug and see if thats any better , then see if you have a spark , this can be easily done by connecting the HT lead but rather than screwing the spark plug in you simply have to rest the end of the prak plug against one of the cooling fins on the saw , then pull the saw over a couple or three times and look for a spark , the spak should be i deep blue colour . if you try this and either get an orrange spark or no spark at all i would be inclined to say that its the ignition module that has broken .

Sorry Bud, i was being sarcastic!

I dont think over greasing the blade will cause a fault with the spark

Sounds like the dealer is the best option for you.

thought so, might have been the drink that actually made me consider this as being the problem!:blushing:

the spark is ok but i'm going to take it to the dealer. :001_tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

FOOKED! took it to get looked at and he took it apart infront of me. it had a newish piston and cylinder put in but not a genuine husky one a chinese one and the piston cir-clip pin snapped off and has gouged a line in the piston and cylinder. so, new saw..... which one? i want a husky but just starting out so not sure what to get. any ideas would be ace, cheers.:biggrin:

FOOKED! took it to get looked at and he took it apart infront of me. it had a newish piston and cylinder put in but not a genuine husky one a chinese one and the piston cir-clip pin snapped off and has gouged a line in the piston and cylinder. so, new saw..... which one? i want a husky but just starting out so not sure what to get. any ideas would be ace, cheers.:biggrin:

Surley the dealer should have some responisbility, seeing as he put the new piston in and its now busted again in a very short period of time?

Buy a ms361 mate :001_smile: lol

it wasn't the same dealer. i bought it second hand so can't say much really. was thinking of getting a 346xp...:001_smile:

Wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, run huskys for past 10yrs, now starting to swap all i can afford to sthil.The 346 has these stupid c clips on the clutch which seem to snap on piece and as for the 357, onee that is over 6yrs old runs like a dream but another that is 2yrs old and hasnt seen any more that 6 months work has been a pig from day one, sthil is the way forward. Watch my arse get blown to bits now:001_tt2:

Might no of some cheap sthils coming up in the next week or so