logs stolen

cs logs

When the 'squirrels' first visited my yard they took about 3m3 of bigger 'pub' logs but had to first dump off the burned cabling from their previous exploits. Mrs chilli was told by the police.."don't be silly, they don't steal wood, only metal"!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont leave customers property without cash in my hand have had before 'will put cheque in the post' which surprisingly never arrives dont even take cheques anymore unless they are regular repeat customers, delivered two loads of seasoned oak to a local pub once who never paid sent several invoices / letters then got fed up and waded in on a busy sunday lunchtime saying 'dont want to cause a scene but im here for my money' surprisingly the till opened and i got my money.

Sometimes a mans just do what needs doing for his money!!

The only problem I've had with collecting money the winter is from a close friend who keeps passing me off when I ask for my £50. That'll teach me for not getting it off him straight away like all my offer customers!!

• 1 month later...

get a personnal alarm the sort girls are told to carry, select a lovely cut peice of wood put 2 bent nails or metal eye's in it 2 lenths of string tie 1 to something solid the other shorter lenth of string to the pull ring on the alarm and fix the alarm out of site and when the chap with the sticky fingers picks up the lovely peice of wood 'OH' what a shock. Just make sure the exit route hasn,t got any carelessly dropped bits of wood which he might trip and hurt himself.

Some alarms have flashing lights for greater effect.

I will always leave with the money in my pocket, always cash. If i unload and they refuse to pay i will load the logs back on the truck and remember never to deliver to them again :)
good philosophy.most of my poor payers are pubs,i used to be very understanding and tolerant until my own bills got behind,one of them was too busy on gordon ramsay's F WORD to obviously pay me :thumbdown:

On this topic, just next door to me, the 70 yo owner of a copse in some fields away from the road found that a couple of blokes had gone in and chopped, very haphazardly, loads of his trees down. Onto fences and all.

He decided that his wood wouldn't be nicked, so he started cutting it into logs to take away, and after he'd chopped some, and gone back for some tea, he came back to find that they nicked the logs he chopped up.

Swines.

That was only a few days ago

get a personnal alarm the sort girls are told to carry, select a lovely cut peice of wood put 2 bent nails or metal eye's in it 2 lenths of string tie 1 to something solid the other shorter lenth of string to the pull ring on the alarm and fix the alarm out of site and when the chap with the sticky fingers picks up the lovely peice of wood 'OH' what a shock. Just make sure the exit route hasn,t got any carelessly dropped bits of wood which he might trip and hurt himself.

Some alarms have flashing lights for greater effect.

These work very well - poacher alarm which fires a blank 12 bore round, use a bit of fishing line for tripwire. Just don't forget it's there....:blushing:

William Powell