logs stolen

cs logs

I feel your pain.

During the fire cleanup we had someone break into one of our excavators on a weekend and steal over 20 cubic meters of split firewood that was supposed to go back to the community. Bastards.

Up on Mt Dandenong, the competition for good wood will actually have residents physically fighting over who gets wood. Before you've even finished the job, they'll be backing everything from lawn mowers to bobcats up to the job to make sure they get it first.

Edited by Angus

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sheffield south yorkshire

Just knew it was gonna be local,,,,

Booby trapping is certainly the way forward as opposed to staking out the stockpiles, I`m lucky enough to have a makeshift cellar with plenty of air grills but demand is surely paving way for conflict and when mr plod isn`t involved then I see arbtalk members organising some form of coalition a vital step forward? :sneaky2:

(Off topic but I passed my 30/31 over crimbo so ya`ll be seeing a lot more of me :wink:)

Threaten to go through the small claims court and mean it assuming that you have made contact and they plainly refuse to pay. Put a bit of it down to experience - a large amount of wood to a customer who you don't know is likely to end in tears mostly yours.

Do you not insist on COD? :confused1:

First and last time we did not insist on COD. A good warning to all . I have two small children and coming up to christmas needed to scratch round for £700 to put kero in the tank for heating. Am taking this very personal I know but wont take this lying down, watch this space. The logs were seasoned beech and perfect for burning.

First and last time we did not insist on COD. A good warning to all . I have two small children and coming up to christmas needed to scratch round for £700 to put kero in the tank for heating. Am taking this very personal I know but wont take this lying down, watch this space. The logs were seasoned beech and perfect for burning.

I initally took that customers to be honest, but a few of them are not. Learn't the hard way to take COD wether it's firewood or product.

In certain situations I ask for payment up front.

It comes back to that a few customers don't feel that they should have to pay for wood as it just sits there in large piles for a long time so it must be free.

Hope that you get your money.

I delivered two double loads to a customer in August and they are still refusing to pay. I consider this to be theft and will be taking the appropriate action.

i dont leave customers property without cash in my hand have had before 'will put cheque in the post' which surprisingly never arrives dont even take cheques anymore unless they are regular repeat customers, delivered two loads of seasoned oak to a local pub once who never paid sent several invoices / letters then got fed up and waded in on a busy sunday lunchtime saying 'dont want to cause a scene but im here for my money' surprisingly the till opened and i got my money.