Jump to content
Steve Bullman

Does your Facebook business page bring you in work?

What percentage of enquiries from your Facebook page materialise into work?  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. Please select one choice

    • 10%
      15
    • 20%
      5
    • 30%
      4
    • 40%
      5
    • 50%
      5
    • 60%
      0
    • 70%
      5
    • 80%
      0
    • 90%
      0
    • 100%
      0
    • 0%
      24


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

You're not having much luck first link server not found, second link try's to load but times out.

Google franglais elagage then.

   Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I've had a look at the site, but can't work out if you are serious or not. Do you think the site is in any way optimised? You don't even have an SSL certificate and Google are about to kick you in the backside with the new UX based update. Who do you host with? It's slooooooooow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until recently I would have rated Facebook at 0% . That was selling logs and all I got was time wasters. Now I am selling charcoal on there and its far more successful with plenty of orders. Not sure why its different but its welcome non the less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

I've had a look at the site, but can't work out if you are serious or not. Do you think the site is in any way optimised? You don't even have an SSL certificate and Google are about to kick you in the backside with the new UX based update. Who do you host with? It's slooooooooow. 

What gives you the impression that I am not serious?

We run a business in an E.U country noted for it's petty complexities and our two most important clients are two local authorities and I'm sure they don't refer to our site every time they call us up.

According to our latest statistics, 97.5% of clients within 30km and 75% within 15km so all we need to do is be up there on Google when locals search.

We are a small fish in a small but densely populated pond.

We are not trying to dominate the local market nor expand beyond our current range.

Looking at the competitors webpages our certainly seems a fair go considering it is homemade by a friend.

If our clients thought we were not serious from looking at the web site then that would reflect in our turnover.

As for the speed, our own home computer is very slow and yes it is slow to load on that but it loads fast enough on my phone.

The host is IONOS.

Saying you can't work out if we are serious or not is like looking at our truck and writing our business off because it is shabby.

I'll ask my friend about the certificate, optimisation and the potential kick in the backside from Google.

Thanks for the heads up, always good to have a constructive opinion.

  Stuart

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

What gives you the impression that I am not serious?

We run a business in an E.U country noted for it's petty complexities and our two most important clients are two local authorities and I'm sure they don't refer to our site every time they call us up.

According to our latest statistics, 97.5% of clients within 30km and 75% within 15km so all we need to do is be up there on Google when locals search.

We are a small fish in a small but densely populated pond.

We are not trying to dominate the local market nor expand beyond our current range.

Looking at the competitors webpages our certainly seems a fair go considering it is homemade by a friend.

If our clients thought we were not serious from looking at the web site then that would reflect in our turnover.

As for the speed, our own home computer is very slow and yes it is slow to load on that but it loads fast enough on my phone.

The host is IONOS.

Saying you can't work out if we are serious or not is like looking at our truck and writing our business off because it is shabby.

I'll ask my friend about the certificate, optimisation and the potential kick in the backside from Google.

Thanks for the heads up, always good to have a constructive opinion.

  Stuart

 

 

You replied to my post about SEO basics, so I thought when you posted your link you wanted an opinion on it's SEO. From an SEO point of view it's worse than bad; I thought maybe you already knew that and your post was a little tongue in cheek. 

You are right about a site only needing to be good enough though. Yours isn't, but that is all you really need to aim for. I see very, very few tree workers with well made sites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

You replied to my post about SEO basics, so I thought when you posted your link you wanted an opinion on it's SEO. From an SEO point of view it's worse than bad; I thought maybe you already knew that and your post was a little tongue in cheek. 

You are right about a site only needing to be good enough though. Yours isn't, but that is all you really need to aim for. I see very, very few tree workers with well made sites. 

A few questions,

Why do I need an SSL certificate when I'm not keeping clients info or engaging in transactions?

This Google change, how will that affect the site?

The optimisation of images is underway.

Those images are all taken by us, non are stock. It shows and I feel lends a sense of reality. I see the same stock images used time again on other sites. Some clearly not even the same region or country.

 I get 2-3 calls A DAY from 'communication'  companies trying to sell me web design and services mostly from people with strong Maghreb accents.

Please tell me why I should fix something that does not appear to be broke and what are the consequences of not actioning the things you are talking about?

   Stuart

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

A few questions,

Why do I need an SSL certificate when I'm not keeping clients info or engaging in transactions?

This Google change, how will that affect the site?

The optimisation of images is underway.

Those images are all taken by us, non are stock. It shows and I feel lends a sense of reality. I see the same stock images used time again on other sites. Some clearly not even the same region or country.

 I get 2-3 calls A DAY from 'communication'  companies trying to sell me web design and services mostly from people with strong Maghreb accents.

Please tell me why I should fix something that does not appear to be broke and what are the consequences of not actioning the things you are talking about?

   Stuart

 

 

 

It might be better to start a new thread, rather than completely derailing this one (that's supposed to be about Facebook). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a Facebook page for a number of years and didn't bother with a website as I thought that was old hat.
But I have recently, this year created a website and a google listing. I am now getting better and more positive leads from my website.
Facebook is good for getting your name know locally, but you need to keep feeding it with a mixture of content. But the website I built has a lot of content. From feed back what has swung customers has been the information and case studies with good pictures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.