First attempt head cam!

Rupe

Looks good Rupe. The batteries may need charging and draining a few times before they're at full power, which may have something to do with the low volume aswell. Not that I'm an expert on these things.

These are brand knew duracells Mick, straight outof the packet, not rechargeble ones.!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half an hour!!!!....thats pretty poor.

I imagine the LCD screen would drain it a bit but thats still not great.

The picture quality and colour looked really good though.

So whats your verdict on it so far Rupe,worth the money or not?

Generally, yes its good value. £130 something plus vat. Picture quality and colour is good, sound poor but music soundtrack would be better than me huffing and puffing up a tree!

If you guys can eactually see what is going on then its workign better than any of the other cheapo ones on the meerkat!

rupe - get one of these (if they take AA or AAA batteries)

ENERGIZER CHARGER FOR AA & AAA BATTERIES W/ CAR CHARGER on eBay (end time 23-Dec-09 12:18:16 GMT)

we got one for our thirsty camera and after 2 years, the same batteries are still holding charge just as long. beats any other batteries we have tried.

the great thing is it comes with a car plug, so you can give them a quick charge at lunchtime in your work truck if you need to.

also, re: the sound

when you brush past twigs with the camera its really loud, but for some reason the 114dB saw sounds like its 100m away. odd.

Edited by alex_m

theres clearly something not quite right with the sound when compared to mine rupe.....didnt tape over the mic or anything silly like that i assume?

I'm surprised at Gerry's comment about the sound quality on your vid Steve, I thought it was OK, Rupes sounds faulty or something, a lot of background white noise.