What helmet is the bestest?

Rentachimp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine seems to rock backwards and forwards nightmare if your on the ground looking up. so i normally have one ear muff down just to keep it still.

:dito:

im mostly looking down so not too bad, the vertex has a grey slidy bit on the back that you take off and swap a bit inside and it site slightly better on your head, but ive found its all how the chinstrap is placed, to far back and it makes you gag and too far fwd and it falls off and goes on your nose!!

• 3 months later...

Bought a petzl Vertex in the stihl brand at the show and I don't like it. It feels to sit ontop of your head and you can't seem to wear it without fastening th straps say, for feeding chipper. It doesn't feel to be a firm fit. Ear muffs don't easily clamp down onto your ears you have to really force them in.

Cost me £70 with a spare visor!

We've opted out of stocking the helmet from Stihl because it uses the Peltor ears not the Sordin ones.

The main reason for this is the husky/sordin ears are easy for us to stock and interchange with many other helmets and you can swap to chipper muffs easy.

Also the price is better @£60.00.

Bought a petzl Vertex in the stihl brand at the show and I don't like it. It feels to sit ontop of your head and you can't seem to wear it without fastening th straps say, for feeding chipper. It doesn't feel to be a firm fit. Ear muffs don't easily clamp down onto your ears you have to really force them in.

Cost me £70 with a spare visor!

yeah i had the same problem with mine. try swapping the pads inside for the different thickness ones, it helped for me but every head is different.Still not as comfy as my elios mind.

I have a 2 white vertex vent helmets. white to reduce heat ,it can get hot in Tassie. 2 so i can strip down and clean and grab afresh one if needed. Plugs on string in summer .peltor muffs in winter mostly wear orange glasses pruning add visor for removals( more chips).

One problem with white...people think your the Boss. I s that the same in UK.

We've opted out of stocking the helmet from Stihl because it uses the Peltor ears not the Sordin ones.

The main reason for this is the husky/sordin ears are easy for us to stock and interchange with many other helmets and you can swap to chipper muffs easy.

Also the price is better @£60.00.

I have the vertex vent with the Peltor setup - my muffs are the chipper ones (black).

Justin, you got any hygiene kits for them?