Someone who knows what they want

cousin jack

Had an order placed on Friday for half a cube. Delivered Saturday but they had changed their mind and didn't want it - firing me off in no uncertain terms. They had sorted a 'big load out with someone who was far cheaper'. I've no problem at all with someone being cheaper but there was no no need for the nasty edge to the way this was proudly announced in the street.

Happend to go past their house again later on Saturday afternoon and laughed out loud when I saw the pile of freshly cut unsplit lumps of leyllandii complete with plenty sawdust and general crap tipped on their ornamental stone chipping drive. :biggrin:

Phone rings this morning...

Them.... they have changed their mind and would like a big bag after all and could they have it delivered today.

Me.... Sorry, we had a busy day yesterday and now have only only enough stock left to look after existing customers.

Silence....

Them... Am I interested in buying a big load of logs?

Me... No thankyou.

my answer would have been.......... it may be a difficult concept to grasp, but i SELL quality logs to the public, i will though come and remove those logs you had delivered for £35:sneaky2:

some people have some cheek!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an order placed on Friday for half a cube. Delivered Saturday but they had changed their mind and didn't want it - firing me off in no uncertain terms. They had sorted a 'big load out with someone who was far cheaper'. I've no problem at all with someone being cheaper but there was no no need for the nasty edge to the way this was proudly announced in the street.

Happend to go past their house again later on Saturday afternoon and laughed out loud when I saw the pile of freshly cut unsplit lumps of leyllandii complete with plenty sawdust and general crap tipped on their ornamental stone chipping drive. :biggrin:

Phone rings this morning...

Them.... they have changed their mind and would like a big bag after all and could they have it delivered today.

Me.... Sorry, we had a busy day yesterday and now have only only enough stock left to look after existing customers.

Silence....

Them... Am I interested in buying a big load of logs?

Me... No thankyou.

Whoops ... late at night few drinks etc. .. should have been this one ..

PRICELESS :thumbup::thumbup:

had this one today

customer... hi mate can i come pick up some logs in my trailer? my old supplier has stopped doing them, he charged me £20 for a trailer load.

me... not today mate and it will cost alot more than £20

c... its only a small trailer mate...about 1/2 a cubic meter

me... for £20 you can have 4 netted bags or half a cube would cost £35

c.... well my old supplier was happy with £20

me... probably why he's not doing it anymore then!

customer hung up swearing.....i walked off laughing

I've had that conversation half a dozen times as well.

Also, has anyone noticed that if a woman makes an enquiry, 90% of the time after you have given her a quote she says " I'll have to speak to my husband and get back to you".

WTF.....just get your husband to call in the first place!!!!

What I do find unbelievable is how many people cannot visualise a cube whose dimensions are 1m x 1m x 1m

One chap who called me was in this predicament and he said to me " a cube? is that the same shape as a dice?"

I got the order and delivered a load but then started to worry that this guy was then going to be playing with matches to light the fire!

Also, has anyone noticed that if a woman makes an enquiry, 90% of the time after you have given her a quote she says " I'll have to speak to my husband and get back to you".

What I do find unbelievable is how many people cannot visualise a cube whose dimensions are 1m x 1m x 1m

One chap who called me was in this predicament and he said to me " a cube? is that the same shape as a dice?"

I got the order and delivered a load but then started to worry that this guy was then going to be playing with matches to light the fire!

Yeh, had that a lot with the wife arranging everything, then having to check with hubbie to OK the details. Regarding the m3 thing, I don't find it strange at all. I would estimate that up to a third of my customers would struggle to visualise a cubic metre, some older ones would have a problem with a metre!

Thats why I resent the sneery attitude of some who decry anyone who doesn't just advertise in a 'standard' volume ( ie a m3), and jeer at the 'how many logs in a transit?' type seller.

I can give customers the volume in m3 if they request it, but what about Granny Treleaven up the road? ''Hello dear, I need some logs - how many logs in a load?''

'' Well, just over a cubic metre''

''Whats that dear?''

'' A cubic metre - its the unit the wise heads have told me I should be selling my logs in''

''But what does that look like, m'dear?''

''Err.., remember that Bedford van that your Sydney used to have?''

''Oh yes, dear''

''Well, it would fill the back of that.''

'' Lovely, dear, I'll have one of them please.''

And I've had more than one conversation along those lines, I can tell you.:biggrin:

I can give customers the volume in m3 if they request it, but what about Granny Treleaven up the road? ''Hello dear, I need some logs - how many logs in a load?''

'' Well, just over a cubic metre''

''Whats that dear?''

'' A cubic metre - its the unit the wise heads have told me I should be selling my logs in''

''But what does that look like, m'dear?''

''Err.., remember that Bedford van that your Sydney used to have?''

''Oh yes, dear''

''Well, it would fill the back of that.''

'' Lovely, dear, I'll have one of them please.''

And I've had more than one conversation along those lines, I can tell you.:biggrin:

You should be ashamed, robbing old Granny, telling her that it would fill her Sydney's van. :blushing:

:lol::lol:

images.jpg.4ea5ca4ac1796e04b64b31fcc357c91a.jpg

customer... you sell logs dont you (very abrubt)

me... yes, how can i help?

c....i want a m3 and have been quoted £55, when can you deliver (very abrubt)

me... quoted by whom?

c......does'nt matter who...i was quoted £55

me... sorry LUV thats not my price

c.....yes it is, my father quoted me the price

me... oh sorry LUV, does your dad work for me???

c... No!!!

me .... well then Luv, the price is £70 off me, if you want them for £55 then go by them off your dad!!!

c.... well, i've never been spoken to so rudely!!!

me..... well stay on the line and you can hear some more!!!

some people push the limits:sneaky2:

customer... you sell logs dont you (very abrubt)

me... yes, how can i help?

c....i want a m3 and have been quoted £55, when can you deliver (very abrubt)

me... quoted by whom?

c......does'nt matter who...i was quoted £55

me... sorry LUV thats not my price

c.....yes it is, my father quoted me the price

me... oh sorry LUV, does your dad work for me???

c... No!!!

me .... well then Luv, the price is £70 off me, if you want them for £55 then go by them off your dad!!!

c.... well, i've never been spoken to so rudely!!!

me..... well stay on the line and you can hear some more!!!

some people push the limits:sneaky2:

Superb! :thumbup1::lol: