Rogue Trader...

JonnyRFT

So I found out today that there’s a guy telling our customers that he works for my department. He cutting down trees due to “insurance purposes” that are part of our tree stock and then charging a £150 fee to our customers that shouldn’t be paying anything, ever! I’ve notified the police and my Comunications Dept but I really want to investigate this myself and find him. What can I do to try and find him? Has this happened to anyone else?

Whats strange is that the company doesn’t advertise and we stay hidden as  part of the background workings of the parent company. Could it be someone I actually know?

Edited by JonnyRFT
I sounded like a bit of a d**k first time round.

44 minutes ago, JonnyRFT said:

So I found out today that there’s a guy telling my customers that he works for my department. He cutting down trees due to “insurance purposes” that are part of my tree stock and then charging a £150 fee to our customers that shouldn’t be paying anything, ever! I’ve notified the police and my Comunications Dept but I really want to investigate this myself and find him. What can I do to try and find him? Has this happened to anyone else?

Whats strange is that my company doesn’t advertise and we stay hidden as  part of the background workings of the parent company. Could it be someone I actually know?

Not enough info for me. What is your company, why are they Your customers, why is it your tree stock?

More info Jonny.

Edit: google suggests that RFT are a facilities management company. Still need more to go on.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

More info Jonny.

48 minutes ago, JonnyRFT said:

....and we stay hidden as  part of the background workings of the parent company....

I hope they drive about in black 4x4s with heavily tinted windows.

Sounds cracking fun.

• Haha 2

I've worked for a guy who's been in business decades.
He got a call one day from a lady asking why the phone number on his business card was different to the one on his website.
As his men were outside and about to start work.
At the other end of the country...
These "guys" had shown the lady my mates website and said it was there's.
Phone the police they are going to rob you, was my mates reply.
Yeah it happens.
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

• Sad 1

I had a guy knock on one of our lads doors in the evening saying he was our company and would he like the conifer at the side of his house topped ... “no your not coz I work there full time was his reply”.. guy made excuses and ran away!
I can think of at least two or more occasions things like that happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Not enough info for me. What is your company, why are they Your customers, why is it your tree stock?

More info Jonny.

Edit: google suggests that RFT are a facilities management company. Still need more to go on.

Yeah RFT are the facilities company owned by Flagship Group. I run the Arb Department but it’s so new no one really knows it exists. Our customers are who ever lives in a FHG house and all the entire tree stock on land owned by FHG is obviously ours to maintain. As we don’t chase external contracts at the moment we have no need to advertise hence why we just operate in the background. I felt abit cagey thus giving a vague explanation as I thought at the time of writing, it could’ve been any “guest” on here. Just paranoia.

After finding out about this guy, I’m discovering that I will jealously defend RFT and would hate any smear against its name and my reputation within the company.

Hopefully it’s a one off, I was just worried it’s happening a lot without me knowing.

2 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

I've worked for a guy who's been in business decades.
He got a call one day from a lady asking why the phone number on his business card was different to the one on his website.
As his men were outside and about to start work.
At the other end of the country...
These "guys" had shown the lady my mates website and said it was there's.
Phone the police they are going to rob you, was my mates reply.
Yeah it happens.
emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png

That’s crazy! This is my first experience of this kind of thing so I think I was just very panicked and worried if it was going to have some kind of knock on effect to the company. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Just now, JonnyRFT said:

That’s crazy! This is my first experience of this kind of thing so I think I was just very panicked and worried if it was going to have some kind of knock on effect to the company. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Word of mouth certainly is a powerful thing. Sorry I can't help with your original question.

Who does the drains now in the South of Forest Heath patch, I'd be interested to find out.

27 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Word of mouth certainly is a powerful thing. Sorry I can't help with your original question.

Who does the drains now in the South of Forest Heath patch, I'd be interested to find out.

The drains?

6 minutes ago, JonnyRFT said:

The drains?

Yes, the drains. RFT, or whoever it was that used to look after the South of the patch always subbed the drainage work out to privateers. Harry Williams covered most of the lower patch. Remember, word of mouth keeps us all going.

I'm really not helping with your original question am I.

• Like 2