Extended cab pick up “back seat” tool box ideas.

GA Groundcare

11 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

All i know is they sent an assessor out to look, he must have flagged it up.

He tried to fight it, but the small print clearly stated about failure to notify modifications etc. He has moved companies now

Any idea what the mod was?  

Hope it wasn't an air freshener on the mirror.

Edited by Bolt

16 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Racking and shelving in the back

That seems pretty tough! You could say any van that has home made racking in the back, so every tradesman has a modified van. 

Our insurance broker came and visited our premises, looked in our service vans, has seen the racking in them. Our policy is a trade policy, it states any equipment owned, or we are in possession of (customers machines) goods in transit, towing etc. You get the feeling / impression of a blanket you're covered for everything, but probably very different If we crashed our service van fully loaded up, towing, into the side of our depot ??

I can understand the insurance companies wishing to send out a clear message, re un-restrained heavy objects, metal tools, sharp objects, never mind 2-stroke mix(potentially), inside the passenger compartment.

Causing them needless hefty personal injury claims furthur down the road.(& pun intended)

And the best way to get that message across is .  .  .

just my thoughs.

mth

P.S.

That is why most vans have, or have the option of, full steel bulkheads.

Edited by difflock

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2019 at 14:10, dig-dug-dan said:

All i know is they sent an assessor out to look, he must have flagged it up.

He tried to fight it, but the small print clearly stated about failure to notify modifications etc. He has moved companies now

I'm sure he will find any insurance company wants to be informed of modifications either inside or outside of the vehicle. The easiest way to think of it, is did the vehicle come from the manufacturer like this?