Heated grips Husqvarna

Khriss

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Im repairing a 240 SG now, and I am struggling with the heated grip wiring. I am not able to find a good wiring diagram online (although the post from adw was helpful).

Currently the left switch is connected to one of the wires that seems to go to the front handle, and the right mini-switch is wired to work as the on-off switch - with a self made connection to ground(carb)

My front handle has a green wire going in and a black wire coming back to connect to the right side of the rear handle, and then to the left side through the screw, and then the wire from the left side is cut by the previous owner.

I understand that the wire from the left side of the rear handle needs to go to one of the sides of the switch, but I feel like i am missing a wire from the generator to the heating switch... 

Do anyone have (or can make) a simple wiring diagram for ignition and heated handles for this saw or similar saws?

Wkr

KJC

240SG 1.jpg

240SG 2.jpg

240SG 3.jpg

Ok, great - the green wire from the right side of the left switch goes to the front handle. And there is a black cable coming from the left side of the rear handle which is cut. Does this go to the left part of the left switch?

Do you have a wire to earth from the same terminal as the green wire is connected to? (right part of left switch)?

Yes my right switch is working as the killswitch - I thought this was arranged by the previous owner, but I am happy to know that it is the correct function.

Yes the heater wire should go to the heater switch with an earth wire off from other terminal, yr ignition coil wire to kill switch on right, a multi meter needed to check switch works, fingers crossed it heats handles 😉 dunno if that black wire is another earth wire ( check it before connecting anything) wires on my 266 are All black 😳 K

Edited by Khriss
But then the earth fr yr heater wire could be in the rear handle 😳 ( mine isnt)

What is confusing me is that the wire from the generator inside the starter housing seem to go to the RIGHT switch. While the left side of the left switch remains open(unconnected).

the black wire from the rear handle is probably the return wire to close the heating circuit. Seems understandable to me if that goes to the left side of the heaterswitch.

please see confusing wiring diagram below :) Colored wires are not there on my saw.

Wiring 1.jpg